6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2013 9:24 AM by bcallegari RSS

Top half of picture truncated

dbar11

I've had my Slingbox Pro for several years and it has worked flawlessly.  However today, it started broadcasting the bottom half of the screen ONLY.  THe top half is completely blank.  The bottom half has good video quality and the audio is fine.  This is all inside my home network.

I've tried this in the Slinbox Player and in two different browsers with the same result.  I also did a hard reset on the unit and set it up from scratch. Rebooted the routed as well.  It was working fine yesterday (and for long before that).

Any ideas what the issue may be?  Thanks.

• Re: Top half of picture truncated
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello dbar11,

Thanks for posting in the forums! I'm sorry to hear you are getting poor video quality when connecting to your Slingbox PRO.

Does this issue happen on any other device, other than the computer you are using? Also, what is the current Operating System of the computer you are using?

Below is a link to an article that explains what browsers and systems are supported:

Feel free to reply!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

kat1976

Hello dbar and tyler.

I have exactly the same problem that the top half of the picture is truncated and the rest of the screen is black.

I am using windows 7 and internet explorer 8 and firefox 22.0.

The strange thing is that on another laptop (same windows and internet explorer) i have tried everything works fine.

I have had also slingplayer reinstalled but this did not help either.

Any ideas how to fix that ?

dbar11

Hi. I have been running on a Win7Pro OS (32-bit) using primarily the legacy Sling Player on a Dell laptop.  Also tried viewing using IE10 and Chrome with the same result.

However based on Tyler's suggestion I tried another PC which is using Win7 64-bit Home Premium (a desktop).  It worked ok in Chrome there.

So I went back to my Dell and noticed that Windows had suggested a newer driver for the NVIDIA video card.  I updated the video driver and it worked! I'm not sure why, but it works fine in both the Sling Player and the browsers.

Thanks for the suggestion to try on a different PC. I had been using successfully on this PC for some time which is why I didn't think it was a PC problem.

cheers

forefronts

I had the same problem with SlingPlayer 1.5.3. I finally reinstalled from scratch, however when I tuned the video, one of the selections was also the half frame. By chosing the proper mis of the two stage video tuning, I was able to get the full screen back. The interesting thing was that the half page came up as one of the tuning options on a cold install.

Since SlingPlayer does not use a browser, that was not the problem, but I can't tell you what it was.

I would suggest doing a from scratch reinstall, and I can only speak for release 1.5 3, on the Classic Slingbox.