2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2013 10:35 AM by dadeo55 RSS

TWO SLINGBOXES

dadeo55

I AM CURRENTLY CONNECTED TO A SLINGBOX HD PRO AND HAVE COMCAST HIGHSPEED INTERNET. CAN I CONNECT/USE ANOTHER SLINGBOX AT THE SAME TIME?  IF SO, CAN MY SECOND BOX BE "ANY" MODEL AND IS THERE A DIAGRAM AND DIRECTIONSAVAILABLE SHOWING HOW TO CONNECT TWO BOXES?

• Re: TWO SLINGBOXES
          test350 Novice

If you connect two Slingboxes to the same cable box / satellite receiver / DVR, then when both are in use, they will be restricted to watching the same content.  If that's what you want and the PRO-HD is connected with component cables, then choose a model  with component inputs, which you will connect to the component outputs of the PRO-HD.

If you want the remote viewers to be able to simultaneously watch different programs, you will need to get a second set-top box for the new Slingbox.  In that setup, the two Slingboxes are separate installations and do not directly connect to each other.  You can choose any model that is compatible with your video source.

For either of the above scenarios, if both Slingbox users are remote (Internet viewing), your upload speed will be shared by the two boxes.  You will either have to accept a picture quality degradation when both boxes are in use, or pay for an Internet connection with higher upload speed.

• Re: TWO SLINGBOXES
              dadeo55

I did a speed test for my comcast internet connection (hardwire) and my download speed is ~20Mbps and upload speed is ~4Mbps. In your opinion, would be sufficient to run say a Slingbox Pro HD and a Slingbox 350 at the same time on the same channel?