2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2013 4:37 PM by sbkid RSS

GoPro 720p connection to Slingbox Pro?

sbkid

I tried to connect my Go Pro 3 Black to the Slingbox Pro HD after setting the Go Pro to a 720p mode. I used a HDMI to Component converter to convert the GoPro's 720p HDMI output to component mode. This does not work. This works when I connect my SA cable box with the converter so the converter is working fine. What is the problem?

• Re: GoPro 720p connection to Slingbox Pro?
          test350 Novice

Did you confirm, e.g. by connecting the component cables from the converter to a TV or monitor, that the converter works with the camera?

For example, if your converter expects to get its power from the HDMI source but the camera does not supply power on its HDMI output, then it won't work.

• Re: GoPro 720p connection to Slingbox Pro?
              sbkid

Funny you ask. Yes I did connect the GoPro operating in the 720p 60Hz mode to the converter box via HDMI and then connected the component output of the converter box to the TV. The result was excellent video proving that the converter box was indeed working and converting my GoPro HDMI output to component.

This eliminates the converter box as the source of the problem. It seems that the Slingbox does not like the way the GoPro video is formatted. What I dont understand is that the converter works fine when I have it connected in the normal way, i.e. with my Cox Scientific American cable box which outputs both 1080i (NBC and CBS) and 720p 60Hz (ABC and ESPN).