3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2013 5:54 AM by dadeo55 RSS

Compatibility w DISH Hopper

dadeo55

Will my slingbox HD Pro work in conjunction with DISH Network (with HOPPER)

• Re: Compatibility w DISH Hopper
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello dadeo55,

Thanks for posting in the forums! That's a great question! The Slingbox PRO-HD will work with the DISH Hopper.

You will just need to follow the hook-up instructions located in the quick start guide. If you no longer have that, below is a link to the download for it:

Also, below is another link that explains what you will need to do to the settings of your Slingbox if you connect it to a DISH Hopper:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

dadeo55

thanks for your feedback. I spoke with a representative from dish and they told me that the SLINGBOX and HOPPER could not be used at the same time (i.e...my son logged in to the SLINGBOX and myself logged into the HOPPER at same time would not work). Do you have any feedback on this issue.

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello dadeo55,

Thank you for responding! That actually is correct with any Slingbox or any set-top box.

Your cable box only sends out one video signal. When you output that signal to a Slingbox, that is now what is using the video. However, you can watch at the same time. The only issue is that if you change channels from the Slingbox, it will also change the channel on the cable box. Also, if you change channels on the cable box, it will change on the Slingbox.

Alot of customers get a dedicated set-top box for there Slingbox.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team