3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2013 3:13 PM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Cannot connect to network

Nickhollis

Hi all,

Installed the Slingbox Pro-HD today and was working fine on the local network, but then I tried to set up the internet viewing.

It then got almost all the way through the setup, then dropped out due to connection difficulties.

Since then, I cannot connect to my slingbox. The streaming light and power light are solid, and the network light is blinking.

I have tried the master reset a few times but still I cannot connect to it again (either when trying to set it up online or view anything).

It might be because the slingbox has not been assigned its own IP address?

I have tried resetting the router and slingbox too and nothing has helped.

I have the slingbox connected by TP link power adaptors, both of which seem to be working ok, and my internet is also working fine - just the slingbox.

Please can you help?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

• Re: Cannot connect to network
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello Nickhollis,

Thanks for posting in the forums! I'm sorry to hear you are not getting an Internet connection to your Slingbox SOLO.

I understand you performed a hard reset, however, did you hold down the reset button for 30 seconds or more? Also, could you try moving the Slingbox to your Router and connecting an Ethernet cable directly to the router, to test and see if you do get a solid network light? If you do, it would isolate the issue to the adapters you are using.

Below is a link to an article from our support site that may help you troubleshoot this issue:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

JohnMartone

I have the same problem.  I have done the hard reset.  Moved everything, tried it all again.  Still no network.  My warranty ran out 1 wk ago....  apparently.

jo

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello JohnMartone,

Thanks for posting to this thread! I apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to get an Internet connection to your Slingbox.

If you have gone through all troubleshooting and are still unable to receive a solid network light on your Slingbox, it is most likely an issue with your power adapter. When a power adapter fails, the first thing to go is the network.

Below is a link to our replacement parts section of Slingbox.com:

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team