5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2013 5:12 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Guide button on remote not working

sxmqueen

All of a sudden my on screen remote no longer will bring up the menu or the guide.  I have a Pro-HD & it has always worked until recently.  It does not work on my PC or on my iPad but when you use the actual remote on the cable box direct the guide & menu buttons work just fine so it must be a Slingbox issue.  I did replace the cable boxes a few months ago but everything was working as it should until recently.  I did change my cable box settings to what I have now even though you did not list the Samsung model I have.  I finally found a code that turned the tv off but once again everything but the guide & menu worked.  Can someone please help me figure out why I cannot access the guide because that is an important function of the remote.

• Re: Guide button on remote not working
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello sxmqueen,

Thanks for posting in the forums! I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble using the guide and menu button on your onscreen remote.

Could you please respond telling us who your cable provider is and what the model of you set-top box is?

Feel free to reply!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

sxmqueen

My cable provider is Cablevision of Hauppague NY  & the cable box is a Samsung SMT-C5320 which was not on your list of cable boxes.  I did reset the cable box & the Slingbox & now I can get the guide but the remote is still not right.  The remote does not have the A,B or C buttons that you need in order to navigate in the guide.  Additionally I do not get the guide menu but just the guide so if I want to use the On Demand i have to actually go to that channel manually.

I appreciate any help you can give me since I have been a Slingbox user since 2008 & we use it all the time in our home in the caribbean.

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello sxmqueen,

Thanks for responding! I appreciate you providing us with that helpful information!

Could you try configuring your remote to an Explorer 8300HD? In the setup, a drop down list will appear when you enter this in the search bar. It will show a few different providers with the same model. I would first try the Cablevision Explorer 8300HD. If you do not see any changes with this, I would try another provider with the same model, which you will find in the drop down list.

Below is a link to an article from our support site that explains how to get to the remote control setup:

Feel free to reply if this does not work for you.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

mujen666

Hello Taylor Sling

You seems to be an active guy in this field of slingbox

I am kind of out of touch with computors since about 30 years. Basic was my language at the time. I have reasently boughtva Slingbox Pro HD

I live in Sweden in the summer and want to get my TV channels down to france where i live in the winter.

My satilite reciever is a DG station mutant 200 S and after 2 days of browsing the different discussion groups and such I have not managed to get hold of a working remote controll to my DG Station

Do you have a clue

Thankful for any push in a good direction

Mujen