6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2013 2:39 PM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Video playback studders every 25 sec

dkun

Hi.

I recently have noticed that my video playback studders one time exactly every 25 sec.

Changing the PC's Display Refresh Rate from 60fps to 59fps or 50 fps doesn't solve that problem.

I don't know if this issue wasn't there before or if I just didn't realize it.

What could be the reason for the studder? Any suggestions?

• Re: Video playback studders every 25 sec
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello dkun,

Thanks for posting in the forums! I'm sorry to hear you experiencing issues with video quality.

What is the current Operating System and browser version of the PC you are using? Also, does this issue happen when connecting from a remote location, or at the Slingbox location as well?

Feel free to reply!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

dkun

Hi Tyler,

Thanx for your reply.

I am on Windows 7 (Home Premium, 64bit) streaming from a remote location.

I tired it with Firefox version 21.0 and IE 10.0.9200.16618.

The issue is the same with both browsers.

What can be a reason for this behaviour?

Best,

Dominik

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello dkun,

Thanks for responding! It sounds like it could be a network issue. Do you have another device you can use to try to connect? If you are experiencing the same issue on another device, it is a network issue. If that is the case, please respond letting us know, and we will go from there.

If you do not get the same issue on another device, it may be an issue with the computer you are using. I would recommend checking to see if hardware acceleration is enabled. If it is, disabling it may resolve this issue.

Below is a link to an article from our support site that explains how to enable/disable hardware acceleration:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

dkun

Hi Tyler,

I tried the slingbox of a friend which is setup remotely as well.

I don't see the studders there.

So, my home network seems to be fine.

But what network settings could be the problem at my remote place?

Dominik

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello dkun,

Thanks again for replying. It may be an issue with the network speed the the remote location. I would recommend running a speed test from your computer, when you are connected to that network.

You can test the speed by going to speedtest.net. Begin test will show up after a few seconds. Click on that, and it will tell you the results of your upload and download speed.

Depending on the Slingbox you are using, you will need at least an upload speed of 1.5Mbps. If you have a Slingbox 350 or 500, you will need an upload speed of at least 2Mbps. If you are getting anything below the requirements, that is why you are experiencing this issue. You will need to contact your Internet Service Provider to see about upgrading to a package that will meet the bandwidth requirements.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,