3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2013 5:01 AM by ehastings Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Dropped connection to NeoTV

ehastings

Hi all,

Anyone use the NeoTV as a player?  I have connected and watched sucessfully to my SOLO, but only for about 3 to 5 minutes at a time before the NeoTV loses connection and requires me to reconnect.  The quality is great (I am getting 15Mbps at my download location) but the connection will not stay up.  I've even tried lowering the quality to basic (which isn't so great) but no difference: connection gets dropped.

A netbook PC at the same location mainains connection indefinitely, so I'm thinking there is something special with how NeoTV works.  Anyone have ideas?

Eric

• Re: Dropped connection to NeoTV
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello ehastings,

Thanks for posting in the forums! I'm sorry to hear you are unable to stay connected to your Slingbox via Netgear Neo TV.

It sounds like your Slingbox is not setup for Internet Viewing. If you go to setup.slingbox.com and click on setup Internet viewing, it will run through a test. If it says Internet Viewing Incomplete or almost ready for Internet Viewing, then that is why you are experiencing this issue.

There is a setup assistant for Internet viewing. But there are a few routers that are not listed. If you have any issues with the setup assistant, you can also try going to portforward.com. This is step by step guide for port forwarding the Slingbox on your router. Which is what Internet Viewing is.

Below is a link to an article from our support site that may also help:

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

ehastings

Thank you for trying to answer my question, but your suggestion does not help as I have already set up my box for internet viewing, and have confirmed that it works from outside my house.  As I mentioned in my original post, I can watch perfectly fine from a PC at a remote location.  It is only with the NeoTV that there is a problem.  I will watch for a few minutes, and then the connection is lost.  I reconnect, and it's fine for a few minutes again.

Anyone have any ideas why it would keep dropping like that?  Is this a common problem with NeoTV?

ehastings

Still NOT ANSWERED... if you're looking here for solutions to your NeoTV problems I suggest this:  take it back to the store, and try something else.  Sling support evidently have no answer, and this device will not work for you.