7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2013 3:30 PM by test350 RSS

Slingbox Pro-HD and Xfinity X1 DVR - no video

ndonof07

I just installed an Xfinity X1 DVR (Pace model PX001ANM), and set it up the same way that my Comcast Motorola DVR was set up, but I am only receiving sound, no video.

I have HDMI going to the TV, and Component Video going to the Slingbox, with RCA audio also to the Slingbox.  The audio is coming through, but the video is not?  I've tried it with the TV off and on.

Does anyone have a solution, or have this same problem?

• Re: Slingbox Pro-HD and Xfinity X1 DVR - no video
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello ndonof07,

Thanks for posting in the forums! I'm sorry to hear you are unable to get a video signal when connecting to your Slingbox.

It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with your set-top box called Selectable Output Control (SOC). Basically, what happens is when you have HDMI connected to your set-top box, the component output on your set-top box gets disabled. This is a form of High Definition Copyright Protection.

A work around, is to disconnect the HDMI cable from your set-to box. The video should come right through after you do this. If it does not, you may have to reboot your cable box.

If you would like to keep the HD signal on your TV, you can get an additional set of component cables and run them from the component OUT on your Slingbox, going to your TV. Once you switch the input to component, you should have video on your TV again.

Below is a link to an article that explains SOC in better detail:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

bpatel

I'm having the same issue and your solution did not work for me. Disconnected HDMI keeping only components connected and performed a reboot. Still get a blank screen with only audio. Please look into this further.

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello bpatel,

Thanks for posting in this thread! I'm sorry to hear that did not resolve your issue. Have you verified that you are set to the component input in Watch on Slingbox.com?

If you are getting audio with no video, it could be that you have the composite input configured. You can check this by going to setting, then configure inputs. If that is not the case, and you do have the component cables connected properly from the OUT on your set-top box to the IN on your Slingbox; it may be a hardware issue.

An easy way to test this is to connect the component cables from your set-top box to your TV. After you switch your TV input to component, you should have a video signal on the TV. If you do not, that will tell you the issue is with the cables, or the component OUT on your set-top box. If you do get a video signal on your TV, then it is an issue with the component IN on the Slingbox.

Hope this fixes it!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

bpatel

Yes, X1 DVR Component Out to Slingbox Component In. I'm not using composite cables and I'm on the correct input in my slingbox software (component). I also don't believe it's a hardware problem on just my end.  My previous DVR (Motorola DCX3400) was connected the same way and worked just fine.  Also, there now a couple threads on this forum about the same issue and it seems to be only related to the new Xfinity X1 DVR.

test350 Novice

If you have a second set of component cables, connect the component outputs from the Slingbox to your TV's component inputs and confirm that you get a picture on the TV.

If you have only one set of component cables, temporarily disconnect the Slingbox end and connect to your TV instead.  Confirm that you get a picture.

bpatel

Ok, just to make sure that the component outputs on my X1 are working, I ran components from the DVR to the TV directly and that worked so looks like the DVR is fine. Just for kicks, I decided to try composite from DVR to Slingbox. Reconfigured input through slingplayer software and guess what, the same thing happens, no video just audio. 

test350 Novice

Possibly, the composite test was invalid; many cable boxes won't output composite or s-video, unless set to 480i.  Confirm with your TV that the composite output is active.

If no luck, do you still have the old DVR?  It's probably been de-authorized but it should still be able to show a barker channel, setup screen or at least an error message, which you can then try with the Slingbox.

If not, you probably have another video source to try, e.g. a DVD player or even an old VCR.

If a different source is still all black, do you have another computer or other viewing device to try?