8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2013 9:01 PM by jnyer27 RSS

Audio Sync Issues with HTC One

vikster

Just got an HTC One and installed latest slingplayer app.

I have used Slingplayer on PCs, Macbooks, iPhones, iPads and so on for ages. NEVER had any issue with audio sync whatsoever. Now I connect with this new phone to the same Slingplayer setup I have used for years using the android app (which I have to pay for AGAIN now that I move to Android which is highly questionable for controlling an expensive hardware you sold me) and the audio sync just won't match up no matter what I do. There are no settings for this either as far as I can tell.

Like I have said, I have used this setup to sling to pc:s, Macs and so on for years - never an issue before now.

• Re: Audio Sync Issues with HTC One
          vikster

Wow,  nothing on this one??

test350 Novice

IMO, you have not received a reply, because your post has no details about the problem, and no evidence that the issue is even related to the SlingPlayer app.

If I had this issue, here's how I might post:

"I just installed the latest SlingPlayer app on my HTC One, running stock 4.1.2 firmware.  The audio consistently lags the video by about 250 milliseconds, whether played on Bluetooth headphones or through the internal speaker.  My HTC can display YouTube and Netflix videos with perfect sync.  I'm connecting over Wi-Fi to a Slingbox PRO HD on the same LAN.  I can view the Slingbox on my MacBook Pro with no sync issue, connecting via the same access point.  The HTC streams at ~3400 kbps; video is 720p30.  I've tried forcing lower quality, but the audio lag remains."

vikster

Well, stock firmware (latest on the HTC One). Slingbox is a Pro HD running 2.1.370. As I said, the app is the latest.

The lag is there all quality settings, from same wifi network as well as from others - it is ALWAYS there no matter what you do on the One.

At the same time it is NEVER there on any other unit when accessing the same slingbox from the same access point or ANY other network (have used the setup for years and NEVER had audio sync issues from any of the many pc:s, macs and iOS devices I have used to access it from all over the world).

Can't say how big the lag is but it's considerable. Probably about a second. You certainly can't stand watching it so the app is completely useless as is. It is also there with and without headphones (not tried bluetooth).

Hope that clears up any questions.

test350 Novice

Confirm that your HTC can play other (non-Slingbox) video with proper sync.

vikster

I have downloaded mp4s and wmvs to the device and they work fine.

I have also watched all kinds of streamed media from the we (youtube, vimeo and so on) and had not noticed anything strange. However after you asked, I went back and checked extra carefully, and there MAY be some minimal lag on such sources. It really is hardly noticeable and not in any way comparable to the slingbox problem, but it may be off by some millisecond (just does not seem 100% right, but that could just be me looking to hard).

I use default players on everything.

vikster

Tested again now using BBC:s hd audio sync test and other youtube audio sync tests, and it really seems to be pretty much spot on, so I would say this is exclusively a Slingbox app issue - and there the sync error is massive..

For information, I also tested disabling the Beats Audio feature, but it made no difference to the problem.

vikster

Updated to new version of the app today (thought it would be automatic like other apps, but I did not even get a prompt saying there was a new version out, found out here) but no change and the massive audio sync error remains.

No one else with these problems, or any ideas at to what could be going on?

Edit: And why is this question "assumed answered"? It has not been answered in any way, shape or form yet.