10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2013 1:44 PM by marlbrook RSS

No digital signal from Freeview on Slingbox Pro

woolf

Recently re-connected the Slingbox Pro to UK terrestial TV after some time of non-use and have been unable to find the new digital signals on Freeview after their rest one year ago.  Can still see analogue signal from CCTV on same coax cable and there is no problem on the TV receiving Freeview from the same source/cable.  When tuning in to digital signal, the tuning bar freezes at about 20% point and then error message appears saying Slingbox has encountered a problem, try again. Any ideas please?

• Re: No digital signal from Freeview on Slingbox Pro
          sling2peyia

Hi have identical problem word for word

Tried everything except total reset.

Be interested in the reply u get.

Worked fine last week but wont change to new digital tv feeds

Normal feed works from video/ audio just no terestial tv??

woolf

Sorry to hear you have exactly the same prob, but glad to see I am not alone here, so it must be equipment related. Perhaps Slingbox will take note.

Actually, discussed this with Slingbox help desk and they were similarly puzzled.  Their only suggestion was to do a total reset (as you also mentioned), which I have not done yet (waiting for a clear period anticipating probs/time cost in re-reinitiallising the box etc).  Will get round to it (without any great expectation of success, particularly given the fact that you have experienced the same).  Do let me know if reset works for you.  Good luck!

sling2peyia

Thanks sounds like a reset wont fix it.

It worked fine till needed to update channels to new servicexarea then nothing??

Is it the same on pro hd? I have one of those too but the red old pro works much better for me so mainly dont use it.

Come on sling fix things!!!

mattbunce Newbie

Hi all

Please see my post here - I think I might have found what might be going wrong.

Please reply and let me know

• your rough location
                • which transmitter your aerial points to
                • the percentage that the scan fails at

I can then check to see if your problems are the same as mine that I discuss in my post.

marlbrook Newbie

Sorry to have to tell you that you cannot expect any reply, help, or even an acknowledgement from any one at the Company regarding this issue, especially on this Forum.

It is a problem that has been spreading with the SlingBox PRO and PRO-HD for almost 2 years. It is a firmware matter a but despite being fundemental to the advertised properties of the boxes, or perhaps because it is, SlingMedia will not discuss it here.

You will see that they reply to many threads on the Forum about other matters, and must have monitored the threads regarding the Freeview Tuner, but have steadfastly ignored it.

Look at:-

https://community.sling.com/message/93136

In particular look at my last comment, and if you ever hope for the matter to be resolved consider the action I have suggested there.

AND the earlier posts at
                  https://community.sling.com/message/74681

woolf

Your post just confirms what I expected from the traffic on this subject some time ago.  So I just decided to 'sling' the Slingbox and bought the Belkin @TV box.  It had no problem at all with the freeview digital channels and, despite the marketing material/comments suggesting it is not as fully specced as the slingbox, I am really pleased with it.  It is in fact just as good and also has wifi connection for much less money than my original slingbox pro.  I strongly suggest you and others do the same.  Maybe Slingbox will take some notice of this thread now.

marlbrook Newbie

Thanks for taking the time to respond ... wish there were more people here who did.

I will certainly have a look at the Belkin box.

Sling have known about ths matter for a long time, and it is escalating with every Freeview update.

They clearly have no regard for their existing customers about this, which is why I am urging those customers

to take just a few minutes to broadcast this abysmal state of affairs on the Net.

Sling are only likely to fix the issue if they realise their new sales will be hit.

Cheers

marlbrook Newbie

The freezing tuner issue has been fixed by a recent firmware update for the PRO-HD only.

The PRO box has been classified as a 'legacy' product, so no support.

As the PRO is still being sold 'new' by Maplin and Amazon.uk this does seem strange.

Read my latest post:-

https://community.sling.com/message/97879