5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2013 2:38 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote for Scientific atlanta explorer 4200

jgchess

I have the Slingbox AV and the on screen remote is not working.When I search for the above remove during my re setup it did not appear.I then put the company cablevision in and the remote did appear.I clicked on it and the remote did not look like mine and did not work.As of about a week ago everything was working properly. All of a sudden I wasnot able to change the channels with it. The only thing on the remote that did workwas the mute button.I have reset all the cables and the thing in from of the cable box. I also reset theslingbox.Support on the phone indicated that I would get an answer here. They said youwould be able to give me some type of code for the remote.Thank you very much and I hope you can help me out.Jeffrey Goldstein

• Re: Remote for Scientific atlanta explorer 4200
          alanrichey42 Master

This is a bit of a confusing post.  You start by saying the remote did not work.  Then you say it used to work.  So did you used to have a working remote or not ?   Please give us a bit more information.

• Re: Remote for Scientific atlanta explorer 4200
              jgchess

To clarify please focus on the last part of my post where I indicated the remote was working

about week ago and when I just tried using it again it did not work.

Here is the explaination as I indicated above.

"As of about a week ago everything was working properly. All of a sudden I was not able to change the channels with it. The only thing on the remote that did work was the mute button.I have reset all the cables and the thing in front of the cable box. I also reset the slingbox.Support on the phone indicated that I would get an answer here. They said you would be able to give me some type of code for the remote.Thank you very much and I hope you can help me out.Jeffrey Goldstein