8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2013 4:20 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Sony BDP-S790

keithclancy

My Sony BDP-S790 uses a RMT-B122A Remote, and is not listed as an option.  Anyone know of another remote option?  I looked at some of the other BDP-S??? but the labels were not in english and the button layout was not the same.

• Re: Sony BDP-S790
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

keithclancy

Yes I searched the forums for BDP-S790, with no hits.  I did see where you posted a Bata BDP-S780 Remote  Mar 28, 2012, but the person who requested it apparently gave up trying to get it to work, so you apparently never released it.  Since it did not work on the BDP-S780 for which it was designed, I did not download it expecting it to work on my BDP-S790.  It was also not listed on the JP1 Remotes web page.

keithclancy

I just googled the BDP-S780 remote and the button layout is diferent than my BDP-S790.

alanrichey42 Master

1,  I don't put a Custom remote on the JP1 site unless it has been proven, that is why it is not there

2.. I still believe it is correct, and it should also work with the BDP-S790, so try it.

3.  Ignore the images, that is a completely different set of files to the IR functionality files.

keithclancy

I suspect the BDP-S780 file is correct for the BDP-S780.  However, without the “Display” and “Return” functions I could get into menus, but could not get back out.  The Power, eject, up, down, right, left, Select, play, stop, pause, Rewind, Fast forward, page forward, Page Back, Options, and Home all worked.  I did not try the number keys, since I was not trying to control a tv, or the disk unique functions since I would have to be at the player to change disks, I am looking primarily for access to media player functions to play  video on the local server.

alanrichey42 Master

Odd, those functions were mapped to the Info and Exit buttons.    Do they not work ?

keithclancy

" the Info and Exit buttons" ?  I have attached a screen shot of the Remote and a copy of the readme file that was in the zip package I downloaded.  I don't reconise the buttons on the remote, and they were not one of the Custom buttons in the readme:

Custom 10:     Angle

Custom 11:     Clear

Custom 12:     Frame Advance

Custom 13:     Options

Custom 14:     SubTitle

Custom 15:     Time

Custom 16:     Slow Reverse

Custom 17:     Home

Custom 18:     Scene Search
                                  Custom 22:     Red

Custom 23:     Green

Custom 24:     Yellow

Custom 25:     Blue

If you can direct me to them, I give them a try.

alanrichey42 Master

OK, you didn't follow the instructions properly.  It looks as though you specified DVD as the device type instead of 'Standalone DVR' or 'PVR ?  That gives you a very limited Remote image that is missing a lot of buttons,