2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2013 8:25 AM by CKillion RSS

Unable to connect to Slingbox after 2 or 3 successful connections

CKillion

I have a slingbox Pro-HD and have configured it via the Web.  I have succesfully connected to it after it was configured. However I can not connect to it after a 1) couple hours or 2) after I have connected to it several times.  

This device is on a public IP and has an infinite 3 day lease before expiring. When I have connection problems, if I reboot the device I can connect to it successfully again, but only for a limited time.

Any ideas on what could be the problem.

The error message I get says that the Sling box player is unavailable or offline.  My router of choice is Microtik Router.

• Re: Unable to connect to Slingbox after 2 or 3 successful connections
          Raushawd Novice

Hello CKillion

Thanks for posting in the forums! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. So if I understand your post correctly you are not able to consistently connect to your Slingbox? You stated that the IP address has a 3 day lease. Does this mean that it is constantly changing every three days? I would recommend trying out the following articles to attempt to resolve the issue:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

• Re: Unable to connect to Slingbox after 2 or 3 successful connections
              CKillion

In answer to your question about the DHCP lease,

No the IP pool is only for 1 IP address but the 3 days is insignficant as after about 3 hours I am no longer able to connect to my sling box. I can only restore viewing capabilities after unplugging the power to the slingbox and then plugging it back in.   I have spoken with tech support and they spoke of an issue with power supplies and suggested I buy a new one.   I have done that and still continue to have the same problems. 

I can put a computer in place of the sling box and access it consistently with rdp and or filezilla without loosing connection so I know UPnP is working. Therefore I must refer back to possible issues with the slingbox itself?