4 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2013 12:27 PM by Bjhegstad RSS

Won't work, no reset

Bjhegstad

I'm unable to get my HD Pro to work.  Once I connect the power, the power light and the center U both light up. The network switch appears to be on but faint. The reset button does nothing.  I left the unit unplugged for four days and tried agin, but have the same results.  Does anyone know if the unit can be saved, or am I looking at buying a new 500 model?

• Re: Won't work, no reset
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello Bjhegstad,

Thank you for using the forums! I understand the inconvenience of not being able to connect to your Slingbox. I understand the Slingbox will not reset. However, you may not be holding down the reset button long enough. I will post a link that explains how to restore the Slingbox to factory settings. After this is done, you will need to go to setup.slingbox.com and configure the Slingbox, if you have a solid network light.

Here's the link:

Also, resetting the Slingbox may not resolve the issue. There could be something else that has caused this. Below is a link to an article from support.slingbox.com that provides troubleshooting steps if the network light on your Slingbox is blinking or off:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

Bjhegstad

Tyler Thanks for the reply:  I've held the reset button down as long as 5 minutes twice and haven't seen and change in the lights.  Do you figure 5 minutes still is not long enough?  Any other solution?  I really like my SlingBox and use it daily, just hatte to put out $300 for a new unit.

Brian

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello Bjhegstad,

Thanks for responding! If you held the button down that long and did not see any changes to the lights on the Slingbox, it certainly sounds like a hardware issue. With that being said, I would recommend contacting Sling Media support to see what your options are.

Here is how you can contact us:

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Team

Bjhegstad

Disappointing, hardware doesn't leave a lot of options.  I'll have to think about buying a 500 or just bag it.  Thanks for the info

Brian