8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2013 1:47 PM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Watch page freezing

mmmitchell

So when I open my watch page for my slingbox it will work fine from anywhere from 1-3 minutes and then the page will freeze. None of the buttons work and the picture is frozen; im forced to close the tab. If i try to reopen it again it just says intializing and the load bar will just freeze.  I have found 2 ways two make it work again. The first is to close my brower and reopen it. The second is to go into my task manager and close the google chrome process that is taking up a lot of CPU usage which seems to be Slingplayer. Although doing both ways it still will freeze again. I am using Google Chrome if that helps any.

• Re: Watch page freezing
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello mmmitchell,

Thanks for posting in the forums! I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble watching in Google Chrome on your PC. It sounds as if it may be an issue with the browser. First, I would try another browser. If it seems like it is working fine, I would uninstall/reinstall Chrome and that may resolve the issue.

If that does not resolve this issue, could you respond telling me what operating system your computer is currently running on?

Hope this works for you!

Have a great day,

The Sling Moderation Team

mmmitchell

Well i have tried it in Internet explorer and the same thing seemed to happen. So I don't think it has to do with google chrome. But i will try to reinstall anyways. Im on Windows 7 64bit. I have a feeling its a problem with the SlingPlayer plugin or something like that.

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello mmmitchell,

Thanks for the quick response! Does this issue happen when connecting remotely, or at the location of the Slingbox? Also, how is your Slingbox connected to your router? Ex: Hardwired via Ethernet, Sling Links, Wireless Bridge, etc..

Feel free to reply!

Kind regards,

mmmitchell

This is happening remotely. And i am using a ethernet cable.

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello mmmitchell,

Thanks again for replying! It sounds like your Slingbox may not be setup for Internet Viewing. I would recommend having someone at the location of the Slingbox, go to setup.slingbox.com when logged into your account, and click on setup Internet Viewing. If it says Ready for Internet Viewing than that is not the issue. However, if it says Internet viewing Incomplete or almost complete, you will need to manually set this up.

If you go to portforward.com and select the brand/model of your router in the top left corner of the page, then go to S and Click on Slingbox when it asks for the device you're trying to port forward. This will show you exactly how to setup your Slingbox for Internet Viewing.

If you run into any issue, I would recommend contacting Sling Media support and ask they a representative walk you through setting this up.

Below is a link to an article from support.slingbox.com that explains how you can contact us:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

ACC5362277

WATCH keeps freezing and locking up my PC

Any idea why?

Slingbox works great from the iPad and iPhone

But when I try and run WATCH from my PC, it runs for a minute or two and then a TOTAL PC FREEZE AND LOCKUP

Have to reach for the power switch after that

Particulars:

Dell Studio PC 540 (desktop)

Windows 7

IE 10

Ethernet (wired) connection

(My Slingbox is suppsedly READY for Internet Viewing --  but apparently it's not ?? )

This has happened several times - more than just a few.  Same thing every time.  Use IE to access Slingbox account , go to WATCH, everything beautiful for a couple minutes and then WHAM.  The end.  Lockup. Freeze, Keyboard and mouse unresponsive. No recovery possible. Cold boot.

So I'm left puzzled and perplexed - WHY?

Zuchron

I am having the same problem.  Does anyone at Slingbox care?  There appears to be no answer to this problem.  The Slingbox worked great until the new plug-ins were installed.  I've even reinstalled the "Old Version" software just to see some programs we really like.  I miss the old version that worked great !  Why was it upgraded to something that does not work?