8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2014 6:17 PM by zhengst RSS

Audio but no video.

Sparkee

I don't use SlingPlayer for the web much but it was working fine the last time I used it with Safari. I recently tried to use it and was prompted to update the SlingPlayer plugin. Now all I get is audio and no video using both Chrome and Safari. My MacBook Pro is running the latest version of OS X as well as both browsers being up to date.

I have no hardware or connection issues with my SlingBox Pro HD since the iPhone and iPad apps work perfectly fine.

• Re: Audio but no video.
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello Sparkee,

Thanks for posting in answers.slingbox.com! I'm sorry to hear you are unable to get a video signal when connecting to your Slingbox via Macbook PRO. Have you tried streaming any videos from another web site to see if the issue is not only related to the web SlingPlayer?

Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling any of the web browsers you're experiencing this issue with? That sometimes can fix it.

Feel free to reply!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

arcalmeida

I am having similar issues on a Windows PC after updating to the latest version of the software. Any ideas what might be happening? I've tried on Chrome and IE

ronnyforgeron

Same for me, on the Slingcatcher no problem, but on the windows xp pc no video, that is, when you operate the on screen remote, sometimes a fraction of a second video, then black again. This since the last update.....

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello ronnyforgeron,

Thanks for posting in this thread. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to get video when connecting on your Windows PC. Unfortunately, that issue is most likely the computer.

Windows XP has not been supported for a while. It is an older computer and does have compatibility issues with the Web SlingPlayer. You can always try a different browser, but if that does not work, it is because of the operating system.

Below is a link to an article from our support site that explains what is supported by Watch on Slingbox.com:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

glap1922

I am having the same issue. Chrome and Safari both stopped showing video with the latest update. I have another mac with an older version of osx that is still working, and my wife's mac which is updated to the latest version of osx is also not working.

I tried installing firefox as well, same issue.

It seems pretty clear it is something with the latest plugin with the most updated version of osx...

johnennals

Early Intel iMac running 10.6.8. Snow Leapard

with latest update i get video/audio on Safari 5.1.9, but no video on Firefox 22.0.

Discussion with support did not seem to be productive, more concerend that my Slingbox was a pro-hd - old.  

I wonder if they monitor this disussion.  Obcviously there are problems on Windows and Mac platforms.

metzgerc

Not the OS, I have the same issue and am running MS7.

zhengst

Was this issue resolved yet? I have the same issue. Tried on Firefox, chrome and safari. All same issue. All plugins are up to date. OS X 10.6.8. 2.3 GHz Core i5. 8 GB. MacBook Pro.

Please help!