1 Reply Latest reply: May 19, 2013 9:58 AM by Tyler.Sling RSS

IR input / output

slavine

I have a Slingbox PRO-HD and have been using the IR Blaster.  My new cable box has an input jack for IR Input.

I have attached an IR Extender to my cable box using the IR Input jack, because my cable box is in a cabinet.  The extender works just fine.  But now the cable box no longer responds to signals that come through the blasters.

I purchased a headphone jack audio splitter, and want to plug a male / male Aux cable from the splitter (plugged into my cable box's IR input jack) to my Slingbox.  I'm hoping I can avoid the blasters entirely.

1) Will this work?  Can a direct connection into my cable box's IR input substitute for the blasters?

2) The Aux cable male connection is slightly too large to fit into the input jack for the blasters in my slingbox.  Is there a different cable I should use?

Thanks,

Steve

• Re: IR input / output
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello slavine,

Thanks for posting this in the forums! That's a great question. Unfortunately, you will always need the IR Blaster, in order to control your a/v source with your onscreen remote. Your set-top box sends out an IR signal through the face. The IR Blaster then blasts the signal over to the Slingbox. This is how it is able to control the cable box. Without an IR blaster, you will not be able to control your a/v source. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Feel free to reply if you have any questions or concerns.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team