1 Reply Latest reply: May 18, 2013 3:41 PM by Tyler.Sling RSS

ProHD disconnects

RockyP

My SlingBox Pro HD works for a few minutes (Windows PC - MacOS and IPad) and then loses connection and then can't reconnect.

Using the same internet connection/router, etc. I can watch NetFlix streaming for hours without a problem (using the same devices as listed above).

I have had issues with a very poorly designed IR socket (not enough tension on the connected adaptor) I dis-assembled the SlingBox and physically bent the connector spring (on the IR socket) and jammed a small piece of rubber in there to physically force the connection to mate properly. Now I can change channels OK, but loses connection after a few minutes and won't reconnect.

I have reset the SlingBox and powered/off/on with no change.

Any ideas what could be wrong.

I am extremely unhappy with the performance (or lack of) since I purchased the unit new in 2010.

• Re: ProHD disconnects
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello RockyP,

Thanks for using answers.slingbox.com! I'm sorry to hear you are unable to stay connected to your Slingbox PRO-HD. Though you are able to stream Netflix without an issue, the Slingbox does use a significant amount of bandwidth. The Slingbox uses Quite a bit more than Netflix uses.

I would recommend running a speedtest on your network to verify you have sufficient upload/download speed. If it is anything below the minimum bandwidth requirements, that is most likely why you are having this issue.

Also, how is the Slingbox connected to your wireless router? Ex: Hardwired via Ethernet, Sling Links, wireless bridge, etc..

Below is a link to an article that tells the minimum system requirements for the Slingbox PRO-HD:

Hope I was able to assist!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team