1 Reply Latest reply: May 17, 2013 4:35 PM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Can't Get Clear Picture

jenaritchie

I am having the worst time getting my slingbox to stream with a clear picture.  The video and audio are choppy and often blurry.  So frustrating.  My slingbox is connected with an ethernet cable to the cable box at my parents house and I am viewing from my Mac elsewhere.  I am not the most technical person but am trying to figure this out.  Please help!!

• Re: Can't Get Clear Picture
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello jenaritchie,

Thank you for posting in the answers forum! I'm sorry to hear you are getting a poor video quality. Does this happen when connecting on any device or only in Watch on Slingbox.com? If it is only in Watch on Slingbox.com, here is an article that may help you resolve the issue.

Also, does this issue happen when connecting remotely, or even when connecting at the same location as the Slingbox? If it is only happening when connecting remotely, Internet Viewing may not be setup. Depending on the model Slingbox you have, there are different steps to take in order to set this up.

For the Slingbox 350 and 500:

For all other models there are instructions on portforward.com. When entering the website, you select the brand/model of the router you are trying to set this up on. After that, it brings you to a page that has you select the device you are trying to port forward. It is listed a-z. Therefore, you would go to S and click on Slingbox. This provides step by step instructions on how to setup your Slingbox for Internet Viewing.

Feel free to reply!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team