1 Reply Latest reply: May 18, 2013 4:21 PM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Solution to solve slingbox 500 slowdown

Deepz

Hi all i have had my slingbox 500 since 6 months now.

Connection via lan to an asus ac66u router in bridge mode i can get speeds up to 2.5 mbps on slingbox to slingplayer connection speed.(over local network)

Problem is after a few days this slows down to .500kpbs on its own ,a reboot of the slingbox normally solves this problem,but if you are not home this is not possible unless you tell someone at home to do it for you.

Anyway i wrote this to tell you all that i have found a solution to this problem

1 i live in a country with ambient temperature of 30 degrees cetigrade ,i notice the slingbox runs hot when on standby therefore i kept in on a computer fan

That gets its power from the usb output on the slingbox itself .

After i did this i noticed everything seems to work better i hardly had to reeboot and i can even strem in hd without any chops which use to happen before

2 i realized for some reason that wireless N is a better option in my case as compaired to lan.Reason for this maybe i am using a cheap tp link gigabit switch.

And my bridge router is just 3 meters away from my slingbox

• Re: Solution to solve slingbox 500 slowdown
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello Deepz,

Thank you for posting this in the answers forums! I'm glad that worked for you! I also wanted to thank you for giving this work around for other customers experience the same issue.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post!

Have a great day!

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Team