4 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2013 8:15 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Moved to Netherlands with my Slingbox 500

jerryhart

Hi,  I recently moved to Rotterdam in the Netherlands and want to use my Slingbox here. I am on UPC.  The HDMI input works fine, but I only get to choose between USA and Canada during set up How do I get my UPC channels to show up?  I have the possibility of moving to Glashelder shortly, so any advice for that would also be appreciated.

Many thanks

• Re: Moved to Netherlands with my Slingbox 500
          Matt.Sling Apprentice

Hello jerryhart,

Have you tried to re-configure your Slingbox to your new residence? Normally when you configure, it will ask for your country/zip code etc. I'm still not sure if that will be 100% effective since you are using the Slingbox 500 outside of the US/Canada, but it may work for you.

This article: Slingbox setup FAQ covers how to configure these setting during setup.

Hope this helps,

Matt

alanrichey42 Master

The choice of USA/Canada is ONLY for the Channel Guide and has absolutely nothing to do with the operation of the Slingbox.   And that Guide option is not available anywhere else in the world.   Just tell it you are in the USA and use a valid ZIP code (90210?) and complete the setup as normal.

jerryhart

Many thanks for the suggetsions.

I do have everything working, other than the EPG. It is this bit I would like to figure out as I would like to be able to schedule recordings etc.The remote works perfectly with my UPC HD PVR. I have a HDMI to composite converter, so I am able to watch any channel and I just used my old Canadian settings for everything else.

I never used it for recording before, so I have yet to buy a USB HDD. I wanted to get the EPG working first.

Thanks again for your help,

Jerry

alanrichey42 Master

OK, I am a bit confused here.  You will NEVER get an EPG from the Slingbox, it just isn't possible.  And the Slingbox has nothing at all to do with scheduling and watching recordings, that is all carried out by your UPC PVR and the EPG that comes from that.  And that can all be carried out remotely by viewing the Slingbox and using the virtual remote.

So I don't actually understand your problem ?