3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2010 8:31 AM by ranaleon RSS

Slingplayer Mobile Loses Connection on Tivo Command

TivoAl

I can log onto my Slingbox and watch whatever channel is currently playing on my Tivo when I connect with Slingplayer mobile, but as soon as I issue a Tivo command I lose the picture followed by a "Connection lost...would you like to reconnect" message. I do not have this problem when I connect from my laptop.

I just changed routers from an old Linksys WRT54G to a WRT54GS2. I did not have this problem before the change. I did use Setup Assistant to set up the new router and it said the setup was successful.

Is there a manual setup for the router I need to make or is something else wrong?

Thanks for any help.

• Re: Slingplayer Mobile Loses Connection on Tivo Command
          Apprentice

Hi, TivoAl.

Thank you for participating in the Slingbox Answers Forum!

In this case, we need to gather further information about this issue. We need to know the specific BlackBerry and TiVo models. Besides, we need to know if after the error, you are able to get the connection or not. Just make sure to provide as much information as possible.

Regards,

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team.

TivoAl

My Tivo is a Series 2.

I am using a Blackberry Tour with the Blackberry Bold software 1.0.0.2 on the Sprint network. The newer Bold software will not load on my Tour.

Everything worked fine on my Linksys WRT54G router, but no longer works after I switched to the WRT54GS2. I have done a manual setup o the newrouter using the information on the Setup Assistant.

I can connect to my Slingbox and watch whatever is on my Tivo, but I lose the connection whenever I issue a Tivo command. I can get the connection back without restarting SlingPlayer Mobile.

Apprentice

Hi, TivoAl.

Thank you for the update!

The main issue is that the BlackBerry Tour 9630 is a non-supported Mobile device. This means that even though you can download and install the Mobile application, it might not work properly. Make sure to check this link in order to find the information about the supported BlackBerry Mobile devices. 

Regards,
                The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team.