7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2010 11:43 PM by eferz RSS

No video, audio is OK

karamerriam1

I have an SD connection with my Slingbox Pro-HD, and the video isn't working. The audio is good though. Suggestions?

• Re: No video, audio is OK
          ArizonaSackbut Apprentice

Hi Karamerriam1,

We need a little more information please. 

What kind of video source do you have connected to your Pro HD ?

Is the source connected to your television with HDMI ?

Any other details or clues you can share ?

Thanks,

- Az

EaglesinVienna

I just developed this same problem.  Audio fine, no video - just blackness.  Worked great for months until 2 days ago.

Pro-HD connected with component cables.

Verizon FIOS Motorola DVR Digital cable box QIP6416.

No TV connected to this cable box, just a standalone designated to the Pro HD.

Please help!!

eferz Expert

If your Slingbox isn't displaying a picture, it is possible the set-top isn't providing a signal.  I would recommend testing the connectors from the cable box to see whether or not they're working.  It is possible that the set-top box has Selectable Output Control (SoC) enabled, which is a part of High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).  If your set-top box is also connected so another device using HDMI then its probable that it has disabled its own analog outputs.

There's more information and a possible workaround in the articles below.

* http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000188.html
                      * http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000221.html

EaglesinVienna

I will test the connections again by unplugging and re-plugging in tight.

"It is possible that the set-top box has Selectable Output Control (SoC)  enabled, which is a part of High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection  (HDCP)."

But why would it work for months then just stop suddenly?  Does SoC take time to enable? I'm not so sure this is the source of the problem if it worked fine for so long.

"If your set-top box is also connected so another device using HDMI then  its probable that it has disabled its own analog outputs."

There is nothing else connected to the set-top box. The SB is the only thing connected to the set-top via component cable.

Any other suggestions?