4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2013 5:15 PM by tanww888 RSS

Sling projector for PC

tanww888

How do I connect the slingbox 500 to PC?  I have tried the sling projector software which I used it for my pro HD, but it doesn't work with 500.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Johnny

• Re: Sling projector for PC
          redcaad Newbie

Typically the slingbox wouldn't be connected directly to you PC. The slingbox has an output that connects to your home computer network and it has other outputs that can connect to you TV. You can then use your PC either connected to your home network or through the internet at slingbox.com to control and view your home entertainment devices (DVDs, DVRs, cable box, etc.).

Do you want to use your PC monitor to function as a TV?

tanww888

Thanks for your reply.  I thought the Sling projector on Slingbox 500 should behave the same as Sling Catcher.  My Sling Projector on my PC can connect to my Sling Catcher and display to a TV without any issue.  The new Sling projector on Slingbox 500 only support wireless phone for sharing photo and may be video and displays on big TV screen.  That's a disappointment.  Too bad, my Sling Catcher has just stopped working and I can't buy another one.  Anyway, thanks for your help!

Regards,

- Johnny

Raushawd Novice

Hi tanww888,

Thank You for your post on Sling Media Answers Forum!!!. I do definetly apologize if you were unclear about the functioning and use of the sling projector function. If you are looking to have the Slingbox broadcasted to a tv via fullscreen we would recommend one of the following products as we no longer sell slingcatchers:

Thank you

Sling Moderation Team