4 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 10:45 AM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Pro HD Errors 201, 211 and 220

rounick

We are on our third SlingBox now.  Our box is in Ohio and we are in Saudi Arabia.  Other people have Slingbox here in the land of sand with no problems.  We can watch a few minnutes and then I get one of the errors above or it stops and starts again a little further into the show if we are watching something recorded.  Live tv just stops working all together.  Slingbox reps told us to contact our cable company which we did.  The connections are fine, there are no issues in the bandwith.  I am going through a VPN in Saudi that looks like we are in NY, but I have no problems with Netflix or Hulu.  I even turned off the virus protection.  I tried it in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.  Same problems. This is getting a little frustrating now.  I have read all the links posted by SlingBox, so please don't send me anymore of those.  Any other ideas?

• Re: Pro HD Errors 201, 211 and 220
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello rounick,

Thanks for posting in the forums! I'm sorry to hear you are getting these error codes when trying to connect to your Slingbox PRO-HD. It sounds like you may be having network issues. I would recommend you run a speed test at the location of your Slingbox and where you are connecting to the Slingbox from, to verify you are meeting the bandwidth requirements.

Below are links to articles from our knowledgebase that may help you with troubleshooting this issue:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

rounick

Obviously an automated answer.  This does not help.

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello rounick,

Thanks for responding. However, this is not an automated answer. I am actually a forum moderator.  Did you take a look at the error codes? Every error code you are getting is explained to be a network error. The issue is either with the network you are connecting from or the network the Slingbox is connected to. I would recommend going to speedtest.net and testing the network speed at both locations. Below is a link that tells you what the minimum bandwidth requirements are. If you are getting anything below the requirements that is most likely what is causing the issues. Also is the Slingbox hardwired via Ethernet cable to a router for an Internet connection? Any other form of Internet connection can slow the bit rate down quite a bit. Please try what I recommended. I would not tell you something that would not be helpful. I am only here to help you resolve this issue. The bandwidth requirements section in the article below gives you the information that you need to compare your own network speeds to.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

rounick

Sorry for that but if you read my post you would have seent that I have already been through those links with and without one of your techs on the line.  My bandwith is more than adequate, as I stated we had it checked through the cable company.  They find nothing wrong on their end.  The slingbox is hardwired to the router as specified.  When we had the last box sent out (the 3rd one) the tech guy told us to go buy a new router, which we did and it didn't help. The connection, even if I set the viewing to the worst connection instead of HD still stops and starts.  I have taken off the firewall, stopped anything in the background from running, gone through the VPN, through the local access, stopped the virus software.  Nothing works.  I am at a loss as to why it just isn't working.