16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2011 3:50 PM by nuffy RSS

Are the IR codes for the Tivo Premiere different than for the Series 3 Tivo?

fang

Anyone out there have a Slingbox Pro HD working with a Tivo Premiere? What IR codes did you use? Did the Tivo Series 3 codes work?

I have had a Slingbox Pro HD succsesfully configured with a Tivo Series 3 for several months now, the setup went just fine. Just yesterday I got a new Tivo Premiere and a new  Slingbox Pro HD. I tried to configure the new Slingbox with the Tivo Series 3 IR codes as there are NO new codes listed for the newest Tivo units. My Series 3 remote seems to control my Tivo Premiere just fine, so I am assuming that the two different Tivos do use the same codes.

However, the new Slingbox does not change ANY channels AT ALL, not one, not ever. Yes, I have triple checked that the IR Blaster is plugged in correctly and that the IR Blaster is directly in front of the IR window on the new Tivo. No luck. I am about to try the digital camera test to see if there is actually any IR signal coming out of the IR Blaster at all. Perhaps I just have a bad IR Blaster cable, but I doubt it. Perhaps the IR Blaster socket or control circuitry is funky.

I did not have to deal with this AT ALL with my first Tivo 3 and Slingbox Pro HD.

If I verify that the IR Blasters are working with the digital camera test - and If the IR Blasters ARE, in fact emitting a signal and the channels are not changing, what then??

When I log on to the Slingbox Pro HD (connected to the Tivo Premiere) on my computer or my iPad, the channel changing buttons do not even show up!

When I log on to the Slingbox Pro HD (connected to the Tivo Series 3) on my computer or my iPad, ALL of the channel changing buttons DO show up. WTF??

This **** is SO frustrating....

HELP- Please??

Thank you....

• Re: Are the IR codes for the Tivo Premiere different than for the Series 3 Tivo?
          alanrichey42 Master

OK, I'm a bit confused by your post, but I've just checked the codes and I can confirm the Tivo Premier does appear to use the same codes as the Tivo Series 3, so in theory selecting the Series 3 should work.

I can't actually see from your post whether you have swapped over the 2 TIVO boxes as this would confirm the problem lies with your new Slingbox ?

And why haven't your checked if the Blasters are firing ?   All you need to do is check it through the viewfinder of a digital camera ?

• Re: Are the IR codes for the Tivo Premiere different than for the Series 3 Tivo?
            SteveLV702

I cannot get my Slingbox Pro HD to work with my TiVo Premier either I get video but cannot change the channel..

alanrichey42 Master

Come on, give us a break    There could be a hundred reasons for that.  Tell us EVERYTHING you have tried and what EXACTLY is not working as you expected.

SteveLV702

What have tried..

------------------------------

Every single possible code available for the slingbox..

What is not working as expected

---------------------------------------------

Everything cannot change the channel up or down, cant press any numbers, cant use the TiVo button in fact there are only 3 buttons that do work and thats Volume Up, Volume Down & Mute and thats only cause those are controlled by your computer and not the actual slingbox or tivo box..

alanrichey42 Master

You don't believe in giving much away do you ?   OK, let me make some guesses, perhaps that will be quicker then just asking again. 

I guess you ran the 'Setup video sources' option and selected the standard Tivo 3 as a device, it was accepted without any error messages, failed the Power Test but you completed the setup procedure anyway.  When you started viewing a Tivo 3 remote appeared but no Tivo-related button worked.   So you re-ran the setup routine and tested all the codes related to Tivo but the same thing always happened.

Correct ?

Is so:

Have you checked the IR Blasters are full plugged in ?

Have you confirmed they are actually firing when you tap a button (watch the end through a digital camera) ?

Are you sure they are placed correctly ?

What is the Manufacturer and Model Number of your Tivo box ?

eferz Expert

Currenly available model numbers are Tivo Premier (TCD746320) and XL (TCD748000)

Apparenlty even Logitech added a new database entry,  "Tivo Series 4" for their Harmony remotes to suport the new Tivo Premier and Tivo Premier XL.  From what I've been reading, some features will work with "Series 3 remote configurations" but most people had to learn codes to get the full functionality from their Harmony remotes.

Sounds like someone needs to build a new virtual remote file for the Slingbox.

SteveLV702

>You don't believe in giving much away do you ?   OK, let me make some guesses, perhaps that  will be quicker then just asking again.

Sorry didn't realize needed a 10 page guide on everything I did..

>I guess you ran the 'Setup video sources' option and selected the  standard Tivo 3 as a device, it was accepted without any error messages,  failed the >Power Test but you completed the setup procedure anyway.   When you started viewing a Tivo 3 remote appeared but no Tivo-related  button worked.   >So you re-ran the setup routine and tested all the  codes related to Tivo but the same thing always happened.

>

>Correct ?

Yes Correct.

>Have you checked the IR Blasters are full plugged in ?

Yes I even unplugged and then plugged back in..

>Have you confirmed they are actually firing when you tap a button (watch  the end through a digital camera) ?

Yes attempted the camera test but since all the buttons on the on-screen keyboard are greyed out I cannot press any of the buttons...  Only buttons pressable are the volume up/down and mute buttons but those just mute the computer volume.

>Are you sure they are placed correctly ?

I even contacted TiVo find out where the spot was and they side just the right of the TiVo Logo and took a flashlight and can see it so placed the IR Blaster on that..

>What is the Manufacturer and Model Number of your Tivo box ?

TiVo TCD746320

MikeGo

This identical problem happened to me.  My setup is a TiVo Premiere, SlingBox Pro HD, Mac safari web browser. The web setup does NOT send the right IR blaster information.  I tried all the TiVo choices yet the only functioning buttons on the computer screen were the volume and mute buttons. All other buttons were disabled. After finishing the setup wizard, no buttons controlled the TiVo. The camera test also failed with no IR lights.

I did find a fix. Someone later in this feed discovered if you install the slingplayer application, use it to configure your Slingbox Inputs. Select TiVo series 3. Finally the remote appears in full color (the web player displayed the remote as black and white for some reason) and fully functional. The working remote now appears in both the stand alone app as well as the web app.

By the way if you go back and try to setup the inputs thru the web again, it will revert to the non-working version.

I'm glad this forum exists. I found the fix here. Without your help, I was going to return this SlingBox back to BestBuy.

nuffy

The standalone player fix worked for me, too...even after the Slingbox support people said they couldn't help me!

The download for the player is buried a bit on the site:

http://support.slingbox.com/go/dl-mac-desktop

(download button is at the top)

To get to the setup assistant:

Slingbox>Get Info>Configuration and click one of the buttons.

Thanks everyone!