1 Reply Latest reply: May 8, 2013 7:57 AM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Remotely connecting through Comcast to slingbox HD

hpzip

After 4 months of complete frustration, as last recourse before throwing my slingbox in the garbage, does anyone have a solution to connecting through Comcast to a remote slingbox.  I have spent hours/months with Slingbox to the point that they now will not support me because it is now beyond the support period...(excellent product support, right!)

Comcast says all their equipment is functioning properly.

The dilema.....I can connect remotely in airports and other places.   So the problem is with the Comcast equipment but Slingbox cannot tell me what needs to be tweaked to get it working.  Comcast tech had never heard of Slingbox...not much help there.  People who build a product should provide end to end support....what?, slingbox has never heard of Comcast???

If anyone has found an issue beyond the basic port number, forwarding etc. to the real issue, I would be happy.

Getting slingbox signals out of the house is child's play.  Diagnosing remotely and finding the exact problem is crazy when slingbox does not seem to have technicians that have worked with comcast equipment.

Wow, go figure, comcast has better support and service than Slingbox!!!

The slingbox is functioning so please any suggestions other than checking the power cord are welcome........

HTP

• Re: Remotely connecting through Comcast to slingbox HD
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello hpzip,

Thank you for posting your issue in the answers forum! I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble  connecting remotely while using Comcast. I would be more than happy to assist with figuring out what is causing this issue. However, we will need a bit more information to better assist you.

• Are you getting any error messages?
          • What exactly happens when you try to connect and it does not allow you to?

I understand you are having issues when connecting remotely, however you did not explain what kind of issue you are having.

Feel free to reply!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team