1 Reply Latest reply: May 1, 2013 10:16 AM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Newbie - basic questions

wncraig

We have a lakehouse/camp and just learned about the Sling world. My question(s):

1. If we currently have Cox cable, how can we use slingbox to connect the lake house to our current tv? (Two different homes.)

2. Can you connect a Smart TV through the Internet and watch sports/cable programing over another television using slingbox? Or can it just connect computers and smart phones?

3. We have a TiVo and a smart TV - I am curious if any of these devices will help the slingbox set up? (I've read that slingbox can connect to DVR devices - does that equal TiVo?)

4. What sling equiptment do we need? (if any of this is possible)

I am trying to figure it all out and have been unsuccessful thus far. Both houses have wireless internet.

Thank you for your time and help!

• Re: Newbie - basic questions
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello wncraig,

Thank you for using the forums! That's a great question! We do not yet have any SlingPlayer application for any Smart TV. However, you can use something called a Connected Device. An example of one would be a Western Digital TV. It is a small device that connected to your TV via HDMI and has the SlingPlayer application built-in so you can stream right from your TV. It is a streaming player, so it also has Netflix, Youtube, etc..

If you click on the link below it will take you to a page on our website that explains Connected Devices.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Team