2 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2013 1:37 AM by redcaad RSS

Web Access

emerson52

Will I be able to access all funtions of my TV to include web access of my smart TV?

• Re: Web Access
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello emerson52,

Thank you for posting in the forums! I would first like to make sure I am understanding the question correctly. Are you asking if you can connect to the Slingbox via the web on your Smart TV? If so, unfortunately, the browser in smart TV's do not support the SlingPlayer plug-in. Also, there are not yet any SlingPlayer applications for any smart TV. In order to watch from your TV, you would need a Connected Device. An example, would be a  WD TV. Which is a small device that connects to your TV via HDMI. and has the SlingPlayer application built-in so you can watch from your TV. It is the best possible way to watch from your TV. The Connected Devices also allow you to stream Netflix, Youtube, and things like that.

Here is a link that will take you to a page on Slingbox.com that explains Connected Devices:

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

• Re: Web Access
            redcaad Newbie

Typically you will not have web access to your smart TV unless your smart TV has an output that you can plug into your slingbox.  I don't think that exists .. at least not on my TV.