3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2014 10:52 PM by ACC5868064 RSS

Samsung Smart TVs

rummy

Does any one know if Slingbox will offer a Slingplayer app. in the furture for Samsung Smart TVs?

• Re: Samsung Smart TVs
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello rummy,

Thank you for posting to our forums! That's a great question! There is not yet a SlingPlayer application for any Smart TV. We do not have an ETA on when there will be an application for one of them. However, I would recommend using a Connected Device. An example would be a Western Digital TV. It is a streaming player that connects to your TV via HDMI and has the SlingPlayer application built-in to it so you can stream from your TV.

Below is a link to a page on our site that explains SlingPlayer for Connected devices:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

Joebjr

I agree. It has been about a year since I have my Samsung TV and yet NO plugin to use the TV DIRECTLY with the TV's browser!!!

PLEASE release one. It is more of a problem to use a connected device. YOu cannot do picture in picture etc....

ACC5868064

Samsung Smart TVs may not have a slingplayer app built in their TVs, but I just saw where the JVC SP500-C TV has a slingplayer built in, and I am wondering if anyone knows which other TVs also provide the slingplayer app, or where I can find this info.  I have a Slingbox 500, and am interested in buying a new TV with this feature.  (The JVC is a little large for me (50")).