1 Reply Latest reply: May 4, 2013 10:56 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Problem with the Tivo remote "Clear" GUI button

ACC5069454

I noticed a problem with the SlingPlayer for the Tivo.

Situation here is a Slingbox 500 connected to a Tivo on the far end and a low-end laptop with Vista on this end.  I was able to get everything up and working well.  The problem is with one of the buttons on the SlingPlayer graphical Tivo remote.

I was attempting to remotely troubleshoot some problem with the cable card in the distant Tivo.  This activity is one of the only ones I know about that requires the "Clear" button (the bottom left button on a standard Tivo remote) to be pressed to exit the Cable Card status/edit screens.

All of the other buttons were working - but when I clicked on the "Clear" button on the graphical Tivo remote to exit one of those screens there was no response. I tried several times.  I finally called someone at the distant end and had them press the "Clear" button on the real remote.  That worked - got me out of the Cable Card edit screen.  All the other SlingPlayer graphical Tivo remote buttons worked fine.

I tried this exercise several more times - still the same result - that the SlingBox was not sending the "Clear" IR signal when I clicked on the "Clear" button on teh GUI - although all the other buttons that I tried worked as expected.

It is reasonable to think that no one else would have tried to remotely troubleshoot cable card problems - and that this just may not have been noticed before.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?