3 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2013 9:01 AM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Slingplayer App HDMI out SQ

daste84

Hi,

slingbox is working fine but I have a question about the HDMI output feature for the iphone app.

Why is it only working in HD? I also need it for SQ, any chance for an update for the app?

thx

• Re: Slingplayer App HDMI out SQ
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello daste84,

Thank you for using answers.slingbox.com! That is a great question! However, even though you are using HDMI, there should always be a SQ option in SlingPlayer. If you are not getting that feature I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the application. If this does not work for you, could you reply and tell me what SlingPlayer application it is that you are using? Ex: SlingPlayer for iPad, SlingPlayer for iPhone, etc..

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Team

daste84

Hello TylerLarmon,

thanks for you answer, but I think my question was missunderstood.

I want to connect my iphone via an HDMI cable to my TV.  This is only working in HQ mode, but when I switch to SQ, I only get sound output but no video.

On your homepage there is a explanation-movie about the HDMI output feature and it is said that it works with HQ only. But why?

My question is, if there is a chance for an update for the iphone slingplayer app to support video output via HDMI cable in SQ mode as well?

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello daste84,

Thank you for replying! I do understand now. The reason the SlingPlayer has to steam in HQ in order for it to go to the TV is because you are doing it with HDMI. The SlingPlayer is created that way because there were a lot of issues in any other quality. If you would like standard definition, I would recommend running a VGA cable from your PC to the TV. This will allow you use SQ.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team