1 Reply Latest reply: May 3, 2013 3:25 PM by craig.sling RSS

Accessing SlingBox from Spain

crusader31270

At the moment I´m in Gran Cararia and I can access the Slingbox from my Ipad and Iphone

I know the box is connect to the internet because I can use the hotel´s computer to access it.

I´ve used other  apps to stream media to the ipad and iphone and there was no issues.

iBearmedia.

So why can´t I access the box... very annoying after paying for both apps.

I don´t think I be able to find another location, most internet shop just have

pc so I´m out luck....

So a word to the wise, bring you computer with you on holidays and don´t

just rely on the apps......

Mark

• Re: Accessing SlingBox from Spain
          craig.sling Novice

Hello crusader31270,

Thank you for using the online answer forum. I have a few questions for you. What is the speed that the iPad and iPhone are running over the hotel WIFI? What we see in hotel connection is that the wireless routers are used by a lot of people and the bandwidth is spread out so much that you get little to no speed out of hotel hotspots. You usually don't get this kind of drop off a computer that is hard wired directly into the router of that same hotel. What I would like you to do for us is to download the speedtest.net app on those devices and run them and I will post what the speeds needed to stream from those devices below.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team