7 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2013 5:10 PM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Blank TV screen when using Component Cables

flipside

I just got my slingbox 500 and set it up.  I have used component+audio (5 cables in all) as input to avoid the HDCP issue and setup looks good.  I can sling all my shows from the slingbox to my ipad and iphone without any issues.  But when i try to watch my television where the slingbox is connected to I get a blankc screen, as if there is no hdmi signal coming from it.  I am able to get the slingbox menu and go to configurations etc, but cant watch live tv when selected, just a blank screen.

I thought it was the hdmi output cable connection so i tried using and HDMI input, even though i knew about the HDCP issue, and it worked.  I was able to see the screen on my tv (it had the HDCP warning).

I was wondering if anybody else has had this issue:

1) Component+audio (input) + hdmi (output) = Blank TV screen

2) HDMI (input) + hdmi (output) = works fine

• Re: Blank TV screen when using Component Cables
          tcaradonna Novice

With your original connection, you are asking Slingbox to convert an analog signal to digital in order to display on your TV.  I don't think it can do this.  Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.  HDMI should be passed thru unaltered in your second connection scenario, so its not surprising that HDMI in-->HDMI out worked.

• Re: Blank TV screen when using Component Cables
            paulrobb2

I am getting a similar problem.  I had it all set up and everything was working for weeks and then it stopped working when I just try to watch tv.  I can still get sligbox on my computer and do everything but cannot just watch tv.  I have my cable box hooked up with both HDMI and Component and then HDMI hooked up to my tv (via a receiver).  I had component hooked up from slingbox to tv (via receiver) as well and that also did not work.  When I went back to setup I could see the small tv image that shows up but then when I switched to live tv I lost the signal and tv went blank.