8 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2013 11:21 AM by craig.sling RSS

Hookup Slingbox Solo to Home Theater

jiminca

New to Slingbox.  Have cable box feeding a Pioneer receiver to HDTV.  Have Logitech Harmony Universal remote. For this system, do I still hook up the IR sensor to the Cable Box?  Universal Remote is programmed to turn on required boxes to "Watch TV", i.e., Cable Box, Receiver, TV, TV HDMI Input.

Thanks!

• Re: Hookup Slingbox Solo to Home Theater
          alanrichey42 Master

You attach the IR blaster to whichever TV Source box you use to change channels, record, play etc..   and select that one during the setup.

Only you know the answer to that

• Re: Hookup Slingbox Solo to Home Theater
            craig.sling Novice

Hello jiminca,

This is a very good question that you have and I would be more than happy to help you understand the answer. The slingbox will only work in IR. You would have to change the cable box over to the IR and nor RF and you can leave the rest of the components in RF if the harmony will emit both.If it will not your complete setup would have to be switched over to IR. After changing this over you would still have to hook up the IR emitter because the Slingbox needs that emitter to change the channel on the cable box. The way the Slingbox is designed it takes control of the cable box when you are not at home. The onscreen remote will control the cable box and the cable box only. Even though you have a Harmony remote that controls all the components in your home, the Slingbox will only learn one code at a time. This will let you turn on and off the cable box and not effect any other system in your home.

I hope this helps,

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team