1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 28, 2013 6:16 PM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Windows 8 video Freezes but audio is still working

scarozza

I have an older computer which I installed Windows 8.  The computer performance is good (cpu about 15%), 3 gb of ram, connected to ethernet and has an ATI x1300 256mb video card.  When I open the slingbox player on the IE, Chrome, Firefox the video freeze after about 6 seconds but the audio continues to play. When I refresh the browser the video starts again but again after 6 secs stops again.  I have a Pro HD sling box and it worked great when I had Vista installed.  Any ideas?

• Re: Windows 8 video Freezes but audio is still working
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello scarozza,

Thank you for posting in the answers forum! I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your video quality after installing Windows 8 to your PC. I would recommend trying another PC to ensure that it is an issue with the computer and not something else. However, we will need a bit more information to better assist you with this issue.

• Does this issue happen when connecting from a remote location?
          • Does this issue happen when connecting at the Slingbox location?
          • Do you experience this issue with any other streaming players, other than SlingPlayer? Ex: Youtube, Netflix, etc..

Here is an article that may also assist you with troubleshooting this issue:

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Team