6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2013 10:14 AM by ACC5080307 RSS

This is ridiculous. If plug-in does not work, you cannot watch it. And no one fixing it?!

momo5124

To Slingbox team

If you are not going to fix the plug-in to support at 64 bit brower at 64 bit window

At least Can someone write in DETAILS, about how to download a 32-bit brower and get it run at 64 bit window?

I am not a super computer expert, I changed to the Slingbox HD an month ago, everything work fine on my IE/Firefore (64 bit window) at first, until the new plug-in was forced to be installed last week.

I have read the articules your team write about asking us to Install the 32 bit brower at 64 window,

But you DID NOT EXPLAIN HOW I can do it?!!!!

I dont know where I can find the 32bit brower download,

If my window is running 64 bit, it just forced me to download the 64 bit automatically.

If you are not going to teach us where on earth we can download, how we can installed a 32 bit brower at 64 bit win,

no one is able to watch the box sucessfully, so everyone just sitting at home at getting a black screen wondering why I brought this product?

The technical support is NOT supporting in any way instead of copy and paste the **** solutions to everyone.

• Re: This is ridiculous. If plug-in does not work, you cannot watch it. And no one fixing it?!
          momo5124

I find all the solutions myself via internet.

I sucessfully uninstalled everything including the brower

I have Installed the 32bit Internet Explorer 9 at my 64 bit Window7

Have reinstalled the plug in

And GUESS WHAT?!

The 32 Bit IE9 (at my window7 64 bit) still NOT WORKING properly

It still shows still pictures which the "movie" is not moving at all.

My slingplayer (standalone player) Version 2.0.4.522  is showing smoothly (thanks God) but THAT IS NOT HD!!!!

So why am i paying more money to change a HD-box a month ago, but to play the video at an non-HD mode?!!!!

The WATCH player in the previous version (watch.slingbox.com) is working fine last two weeks,

But the stupid new updated fails to work

Is anyone looking at it yet? Can you fix it ASAP? or Give me a solution to watch the HD box in proper HD way?

• Re: This is ridiculous. If plug-in does not work, you cannot watch it. And no one fixing it?!
              Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello momo5124,

Thank you for posting this in our answers forum! I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with Internet Explorer. I do not know too much when it comes to troubleshooting issues with Internet Explorer. However, I would recommend installing Google Chrome, which is another 32-bit browser that will work on a 64-bit Windows PC. You can install this by going to google.com and typing 'Install Google Chrome' into the Google search bar. The first link that pops up will take you to the installation for Google Chrome. After this installs, it will automatically open up. From there, just type in newwatch.slingbox.com and it will prompt you to add the SlingPlayer Plug-in to Chrome. This takes about 1-2 minutes. After that, you should be able to connect with no issues.

Hope I was able to assist!

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Team

momo5124

in another post, i have already said

I also installed CHORME, and it did not work too

When are you going to give me some concrete solution?

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello momo5124,

Thank you for replying to the post! I do apologize for that inconvenience. However, I cannot tell you exactly what is causing the issue with the SlingPlayer plug-in. Another browser that you could try installing is Mozilla Firefox, if you have not already done so. This is another 32-bit browser that may work. If that does not work, there has to be something in the PC that is causing the issue. In that case, you would want to contact a computer technician. Also, if none of these browsers work for you, you can also try installing the Desktop SlingPlayer. This is SlingPlayer program that will allow you to open it up from your desktop, without having to use a web-browser. Below is a a link to the download for that program. Once you click on the link, you will need to click on I have an older Slingbox or older computer and need to download the legacy SlingPlayer desktop software.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

momo5124

I also did try Morzilla Firefox....

Thanks to my brillant friend to tell me to try add another account at window,

I have opened another admin accuont at the SAME PC, it finally works.

but because I have many other softwares installed at my account which did not quite work at this new set-up account,

(the sling plug-in works, but all other 30 applications i have saved in my PC did not quite work or have to re-set again)

I was wondering does anyone here really know the solution.

Please do not give me solutions like "did you try...did you try"...

I have already tried EVERY solutionos your team posted before asking this

ACC5080307

I agree!  I cannot install the plug-in for explorer 10.