4 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2013 10:00 AM by Thomasjunior RSS

NETWORK ERROR CODE W220

Thomasjunior

Network Error Code W220  constantly comes up after viewing is fine for a few minutes....tried fixes nothing has worked....please help !!!   problem for past 5 months.....thank you!

• Re: NETWORK ERROR CODE W220
          Apprentice

Hello Thomasjunior,

That's a great question! It seems as though something may be going on within the network you are connecting to. To get a better understanding of what may be causing the issue, let me ask you a few questions:

• When you receive this error message does the network light blink or shut off?
          • Is the Slingbox directly connected to the router?
          • Is this happening on the home network or remotely?
          • What are your current network speeds?

Also, here is a helpful link that provides you explanations of error codes displayed in Watch:

Have a great day!

Thank you,

Sling Media Moderation Team

Thomasjunior

1-   We believe the network light stays on during error code...will check asap!

2-   Slingbox  connected by  slinglink turbo to router.......

3-   Only happens on remote computers (laptops & desktop)...home network always works fine on laptop & desktop with never the error code...

4-   verizon fios network speed  15/5

please advise.....thanks for all the help!!!

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello Thomasjunior,

Thank you for replying! You certainly have sufficient bandwidth to stream with no issues. However, I believe the issue is with the Sling Link Turbo. We have seen that using these tend to slow the stream down. I would recommend rebooting these Sling Links and seeing if the issue persists. If it does, sometimes rebooting them will allow you to stream a little bit longer than how long you can stream for now. Personally, I would recommend using a Netgear Powerline Adapter, which is very similar to the Sling Link. It works the exact same way, however, these have seemed to work well for alot of customers. Please take a look at the articles I have provided below.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

Thomasjunior

Thanks for the info, but  I already tried hardwire connection with an ethernet cable(after disconnecting the slinglink turbo) and the same problem occurrs using an off-site laptop computer....picture freezes then error code w220 still comes up after a few ninutes of working fine.....

PLEASE  ADVISE OF ANY  OTHER  OPTIONS TO TRY !!!   Thank You!!!    

ALSO......DO YOU RESET THE SLINGLINK TURBO BY  UNPLUGGING POWER TO SAME?  PLEASE ADVISE !!!