16 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2017 12:08 PM by duncan.zahringer RSS

Comcast X1 channel change issue

bill661

Hi, the remote works, but I cannot change channel by numbers or use "channel guide" on iphone to change channel because the X1 doesn't have a "enter" button after you input the channel number,  it uses "OK" button instead.  eg:  if you want to change to channel "123"  you need to enter "123 OK".  What can I do?  Thanks!

• Re: Comcast X1 channel change issue
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello bill661,

Thank you for posting to the forums! I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble changing channels from your iPhone. Does it actually change the channel after you hit OK? Also, you could try other model remotes in the remote control setup. I would try these, all motorola; DCH3200, DCH3416, or a DCX3200. One of these might change that for you. Feel free to reply,

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

bill661

Yes, it works when you press "ok" on the remote in the app.  The issue is that when you try to change channels using the (channel guide or favorite channel), it will only input in the channel number without entering the "ok" button at the end of the sequence. For example, I use the channel guide and wanted to watch a show on channel 705. Slingbox  app will input 705 but not enter "ok" at the end.  Btw, on the new x1 remote, there is no "enter" button, only "ok" button in the middle of the arrows. Hope you can help with this. Thank you.

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello bill661,

Thank you for replying! I'm pretty sure I know what is going on. When you log in to your SlingPlayer, instead of hitting connect, go to settings. Once you are in settings you will need to turn on Auto-send 'select' (dish users). I Believe it is the tenth thing on the list. If this is off right now, that is most likely what is causing this issues. Please try this and feel free to reply if the issue persists.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

bill661

Any updates on this issue?

krstromb

Any updates on this? In order to enjoy some of the new features of the iPad app this bug requires a fix. Is there a scheduled completion date for resolution for this issue?

joelshooty

This issue has been known for months... probably approaching 1 year. It's absurd that it hasn't been fixed yet.

How long does it take to get Sling to add an 'OK' button press after tuning a channel?

Please fix this. Maybe you don't know but Comcast is a fairly large cable service provider - this issue likely affects a decent amount of your customers.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I'm frustrated.

radiocolin

Update: this is now fixed on the iPad. Hopefully other devices are coming soon.

radiocolin

Update: this is now fixed on the iPad. Hopefully other devices are coming soon.

radiocolin

It's finally fixed! I re-set-up my X1 box in Sling setup and it works!

duncan.zahringer

[SOLUTION] -- Gents, I have discovered the solution. For whatever reason, there is a meaningful distinction between setting up your Input device as PVR --> Comcast X1, as opposed to Cable/Set Top Box --> Comcast X1.

I repeat. When you go through the Slingbox setup process to configure your input's box, YOU MUST SELECT PVR AND NOT CABLE/SET TOP BOX as the category. ONLY when you select PVR, and then subsequently add your box as the Comcast X1 setup, does the "auto hit okay" functionality kick in.

I figured this out because I have two slingboxes, and one of them was working correctly and the other was not. Turns out the working slingbox had Comcast X1 selected from PVR, while the non-"auto ok" slingbox had Comcast X1 selected from Cable Box/Set Top. I spent half a day figuring this out because seeing one work without explanation was killing me.

I just kept re-setting up because I had working proof that success was possible because my one box freakin worked. Probably set my input up over and over 15 times until I said screw it and selected PVR (instead of Cable/Set Top Box), and then Comcast X1, and it instantly worked.

I was jumping with joy.

Hopefully this will be a fantastic discovery for you all out there, because apparently not even the techs at Sling know about this ridiculous, insidious distinction between PVR and Cable/Set Top Box in their setup process, which misleads users like myself and you all into unwittingly selecting (an identically named) "Comcast X1" device but which magically lacks the "auto ok" functionality depending on the category that was previously picked.

Now go add your boxes as PVRs and finally enjoy your Slingbox.