7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2013 10:16 AM by Tyler.Sling RSS

"Your SB can't be located"

wharfrat

All was well, now it's not.

After my SB Solo stopped working I ran through the suggestions i found on this forum but to no avail.

Right now, my SB  is sitting on my desk plugged right into my router with a known good ethernet cable. The firewall is turned off.

I went to setup.slingbox.com and I get "Your SB can't be located".

I did a hard reset but the network light never came on steady.

Then i gave it another shot and restarted my router then my SB as per instructions on the help artical. Now both the network and power light are flashing both at the same 1 second interval. (before...when the power light was solid, the network light flashed at about a 10 second interval).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Danny

• Re: "Your SB can't be located"
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello wharfrat,

Thank you for using our answers forum! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing network issues with you Slingbox SOLO. However, I believe that you may not be getting enough amperage from your power adapter. I would recommend trying a new one, especially if the power light is blinking. You can contact our technical support via telephone if you would like technical support. However, you could also go online to our web site and purchase a replacement power adapter. Below is an article that may help with troubleshooting. Also there is a link that can help you contact us and there is also a link that will take you to our replacement parts.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

wharfrat

Hi,

Thanks for your help but

Tech support is 29.95......that's why I came here.  I would like to troubleshoot this problem with the help of this forum. I checked the output on my power adapter. The spec on the adapter reads 5V. The actual output is 5.28V. Not sure how to use my VOM to check amperage.

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello wharfrat,

Thank you for replying! The Slingbox SOLO should never have a blinking power light. In most cases, this is because of issues with the power supply. This is certainly a hardware issue. If it is not an issue with the power supply, it has to be an issue with the unit. I would recommend starting smaller and trying another power supply. You will want to ensure that it is a Slingbox SOLO/PRO-HD power supply. Any other power supply that is not branded Ktec or V-infinity can cause the same issues.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

wharfrat

Hello Tyler,

So, when i read your last post I remembered that the SB should not be plugged into a power strip. When I brought the SB over to my router so as to have a direct ethernet connection i did plug it into a power strip. Now it is plugged directly into an outlet with a known good ethernet cable going to the router. Power light is solid but the network light flashes at a 5 sec interval.

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello wharfrat,

Thank you for responding! That's a good sign. There may not be an issue with the power supply. However, how is your Slingbox connected to the Internet? Do you have it hardwired with an Ethernet cable, directly to your wireless router? Also, have you made any changes to your router or modem? If you haven't checked this out; here is an article that will help you troubleshoot a blinking network light.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

wharfrat

Hello Tyler,

In response to your question as to how the SB is connected to the internet.. I will copy/paste part of my post that you are responding to....

>>Now it is plugged directly into an outlet with a known good ethernet  cable going to the router. Power light is solid but the network light  flashes at a 5 sec interval.<<

As far as changes to the router or modem.....nope.

As far as the artical that you suggest....

I followed that artical with no luck. That is why i posted on this forum.