9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2013 2:05 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

TV has to be ON

kjetil1956

Can someone help me with my PRO-HD ? My tv has to be turned ON if I want to use my Slingbox when I`m on holiday. What is the problem ?

• Re: TV has to be ON
          alanrichey42 Master

We need a LOT more detail than that.  How EXACTLY do you have everything wired up ?   What do you see if you try an connect with the TV off ?

kjetil1956

You asked me what i see on the pc when the  tv is turned off,- I can see the latest used channel. There are are 4  wireless "sencors" out from the slingbox, I have one pointed against the decoder but what about the 3 others ?

I guess the problem is that I can`t turn the tv on from my pc.How do I fix that. Eveything is ok when tv is on.

Best regards

Kjetil Hagen

Lillehammer

NORWAY

Mail adress  kjetilhagen@online.no

alanrichey42 Master

The 4 IR blasters (not sensors) are identical, they are just if you are controlling multiple devices.   But you haven't answered my quesion about how EXACTLY you have the system wired up.  Nothing I can suggest until you tell me that.

kjetil1956

Thanks for answering me Alan, but I need help from my friend to answer your question. I`m not very good to fix this kind of problem.

Send you 2 pictures but maybe those can`t help you with my problem.

B R

Kjetil Hagen

alanrichey42 Master

Not really, although it does seem to show that you have a TV composite wired into the Slingbox composite plugs, although there is no composite output from the cable/satellite box.    That makes no sense, but might explain your problem if you are trying to use the TV composite out to drive the Slingbox composite input.  If so then of course you need the TV switched on.    What you SHOULD be doing is using the component output from the Cable/Satellite box to drive the Slingbox and not involve the TV at all.

So basically you need to revisit your wiring.

Lynsey Newbie

Hi kjetil1956,

Thank you for posting in our on line forums. I have read the conversation between you and Allen and he is correct. You should have your cables coming from the output of your cable box to the input of your Slingbox and if you're using your Slingbox as a pass through, you will then need the same cables coming from the Slingbox's output to an input on your TV. If you already have your Slingbox hooked up this way then I need to know if your TV powers on when using your hand held remote? Sometimes some cable providers will set the remote to power on both the cable box and the TV with the push of one button. If this happens to be the case then contact your cable provider to see how to change that feature on your hand held remote and that should resolve the issue.

Any other questions you may have please eel free to reply!

Cheers,

Sling Media Moderation team

kjetil1956

My slingbox has now for several months been 100 %. , but now I have a new question. Is it possible to restart the Slingbox here in Turkie, the slingbox is in Norway ?