2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2013 10:59 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Cisco Explorer 4642HD is it compatible?

dlloyd3

I am looking at buying a Cisco Explorer 4642HD to use exclusivley with my Slingbox Pro HD.

This box does not come with a remote but has an IR port/window.

It also can be controlled with a Ipad or similar I am told.

Any insight.

I use my slingbox from overseas while travelling and would like access to all the content while not monopolizing the Home TV for the kids.

• Re: Cisco Explorer 4642HD is it compatible?
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello dlloyd3,

Thank you for using our forums! That's a great question! I would have to look to be sure but I do not think that it is currently listed in our remote control setup. However, If you cannot find it, without regard to your specific cable television provider, the Cisco Explorer 4640HDC, 4642HDC, 4650HDC, and 4652HDC high-definition cable boxes should all respond accurately to the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD selection within your SlingPlayer. If for some reason it doesn't, you could submit a remote controls request in our answers forum, for the remote to be added to our remote controls setup. You could also request another user build you a custom remote. However, the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD should work.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Team

This message was edited by: Tyler L

• Re: Cisco Explorer 4642HD is it compatible?
              alanrichey42 Master

TylerLarmon wrote:

you could submit a remote controls request in our answers forum, for a custom remote to be built for your set-top box.

Just to clarify, Sling Media will NOT build you a Custom Remote.  Your request will be added to their list and will eventually be added to theor supported devices.  That will take months.   However, if you request a Custom Control in this forum I might be able to help.

Al  (NOT a Sling employee, just a user)