5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2013 4:23 PM by craig.sling RSS

Nothing shown after new plug-in installed in both IE/Firefox

momo5124

I have installed the plug-in avilable at both IE 9.0 and Firefox 20.0.1

And after the installation completed, none of them works.

Nothing was shown but a black screen, an error message pop up [CODE W211]

I have tried to connect the box at standalone player, it works fine.

Have also tried to connect via iphone player, also fine

So, it has to be the web-based version problem.

Please help

thank you

• Re: Nothing shown after new plug-in installed in both IE/Firefox
          momo5124

anyone?

I am running a WIn 7 64 bit, my friend also running the same, Just that my IE 10 and my firefox or even Chorme I just installed, was not shown anything probably.

I have tried to uninstalled the Sling player Active X plug in, reinstall it again, just that somehow I 've got the player to shows a still picture of the TV screen, but nothings more. the "movie" is not streaming probably.

I have tried it at my Mac notebooks, runs perfectly ok.

Last week before the new Active X plug in, everything runs normal.

So it has to do with the new Active X plug in installed at PC (win 7 64bit) !!!

Last week, at http://watch.slingbox.com/, it runs fine.

Now, at http://newwatch.slingbox.com/ with the new forced active X plugs, nothing shows anymore.

Please can anyone look at the issues? and get me a workaround solution?

I want my HD TV back ><

craig.sling Novice

Hello momo5124,

Thank you for the detailed response. No matter what browser you watch it on it will not give you a fluent picture? Are you running any anti virus or firewalls? These sometime will block the Slingbox from being able to stream properly.  If its working on a Mac fine and not on the PC I have to lean towards a problem with the PC itself. I also see that you are running a 64 bit computer. You may want to make sure that the browser that you are running is in 32 bit mode. Chrome and Firefox usually are in a 32 bit mode. Something else that I would like you to try is to go to setup.slingbox.com and see if you can connect to the box that way and check to see if it needs any kind of update. It is very strange that the Slingbox is not working with the new active x. Also what Slingbox do you have another work around for the Slingbox Pro HD and under you can watch on our older software and I will post a link to it below.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team

momo5124

>Thank you for the detailed response. No matter what browser you watch it  on it will not give you a fluent picture?

I also thank you for finally someone reply me

Yes, i have test Lastest Chrome, Lastest Firefox, IE 8 and IE 9 and IE 10

I cannot find any 32 bit Chorme or Firefox that can be installed at my Win7 64 bit.

If you know where i can find a 32 bit Chorme or Firefox that can allow me to install, please let me know

I have also finally get myself a 32bit IE9 installed, and it is NOT working too

>Are you running any anti  virus or firewalls?

Already close that.

>These sometime will block the Slingbox from being  able to stream properly.

The answer is NO. reason, it runs smoothly at the SlingPlayer (standalone software)

But since I change a HD, it is not giving me a HD image but a rather blur (though smooth) movie.

>If its working on a Mac fine and not on the PC  I have to lean towards a problem with the PC itself.

Yes, i have tried my Mac. Runs fine at Safari and Firefox too.
                  HD can be view sucessfully at the newwatch.slingbox.com

>I also see that  you are running a 64 bit computer. You may want to make sure that the  browser that you are running is in 32 bit mode. Chrome and Firefox  usually are in a 32 bit mode. Something else that I would like you to  try is to go to setup.slingbox.com and see if you can connect to the box  that way and check to see if it needs any kind of update.

Already answer above.

The box is fine, the 32 bit IE (at 64 bit) still not running the picture.

It was fine last two weeks before the updated plug in.

Is that possible that you can email me the older version plug in or the previous link which have the older plug in?

>It is very  strange that the Slingbox is not working with the new active x.

yes. i am not a computer idiolt too. That was strange and VERY frustrating

>Also  what Slingbox do you have another work around for the Slingbox Pro HD  and under you can watch on our older software and I will post a link to  it below.

Thank you for all the links. but no use at all, i read all of them before i still keep sending message to your team

momo5124

is there anyone looking at this?

I have actually tried to open a new Admin account in my Window 7 and it works!

but since I have got a lot of settings ini my admin account which i dont want to re-installed them ("one small tree affects the whole forest" problem), can someone try to investigated what cause the crash?

Is that crashing with some other plug-ins?

anyone?

craig.sling Novice

Hello momo5124,

Thank you for the quick responce, I am sorry it took so long to get back to you. Let me make sure I know what is going on It works fine on a fresh admin Windows 7 account but when you log back in to your account with your settings saved it gives you streaming problems? Do you have any programs that use a lot of CPU or RAM usage? Is there anything like µTorrent open that would use a lot of Bandwith?

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team