5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2013 4:03 PM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Direct TV and the Genie HR44

cbalter

I do not see a option for selecting the HR44 Genie to the Slingbox. I can see my Slingbox, but I can not control it remotely.

• Re: Direct TV and the Genie HR44
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello cbalter,

Thank you for using our answers forum! I'm sorry to hear your set top box model is not listed in our setup assistant. Have you tried any other models at all? In most cases, the DirecTV Universal will work with any DirecTV set top box. If you have not tried that; could you do so for me, please? Feel free to reply back if the issue persists.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

dgcole1

I have used the HR34 choice and have everything working EXCEPT the colors are washed out - like a negative image.  The remote works, power button etc.  Now if I could only solve that color problem.

HDMI from HR44 to TV

Component cables from HR44 to Sling HDPro

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello dgcole1,

Thanks for responding! I am sorry to hear that.

I would recommend taking those Component cables and connecting them Directly from your cable box, to your TV. If you switch the input on your TV to Component and get a normal video signal, the issue is with the ports on the Slingbox. If you get the same issue, the issue is either the cables you are using, or the Component OUT on your cable box.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

The Sling Moderation Team