8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2013 6:53 AM by tcaradonna RSS

Won't work on Windows 7 x64

dhogan444

I am having issues viewing Slingbox Pro (red box) on Windows 7. In Vista I can view via the browser or the slingplayer fine. However in Win7 I can't view it either way, it won't connect. I even received this error code: 0x92340109. This is all over the LAN.

I have even setup a fresh install of Windows 7 and turned off all security/firewall. I tried to change SlingPlayer's compatibility settings, and have tried IE, Mozilla in both x64 and x32. So what's going on here? Feel like SlingBox firmware has screwed me, back when I upgraded a few years ago.

• Re: Won't work on Windows 7 x64
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello dhogan444,

Thank you for using our answers forum! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the SlingPlayer Plug-in on your Windows 7 PC. Please, be sure you are using a 32-bit browser, as 64-bit browsers are not supported. I understand you did try a 32-bit version of Mozilla Firefox. Have you tried using Google Chrome? This web browser tends to work well on most Operating Systems. Also, this can be caused by anti-virus programs on your PC. Do you have a program called ESET? Even if you have turned this off. It will not resolve the issue. Below are two articles that may help resolve the issue.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

dhogan444

Have you tried using Google Chrome? 

Yes, it does not work either.

Also, this can be caused by anti-virus programs on your PC. Do you have a program called ESET?

No, no program called ESET installed. This is a fresh blank install of Windows 7 x64 with all security settings turned off.

Below are two articles that may help resolve the issue.

Neither of those articles helped.

I believe the firmware update ruined my slingbox. Please advise.

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello dhogan444,

Thank you for replying! Have you tried connecting on any another windows 7 PC at all? If you can connect on another Windows 7 PC than the issue is not with the Slingbox. However, if you believe the issue is with the Slingbox firmware, you can reset the Slingbox to factory settings and go through the online setup again. Doing this should allow the Slingbox to update to the latest firmware version. Also, does this happen when connecting from a remote location? Or does it happen at the Slingbox location? Below is a link to an article that tells you how to reset the Slingbox to factory settings.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

dhogan444

Have you tried connecting on any another windows 7 PC at all? If you can connect on another Windows 7 PC than the issue is not with the Slingbox.

Yes, it happens on all Windows 7 machines, but works fine on Vista.

However, if you believe the issue is with the Slingbox firmware, you can reset the Slingbox to factory settings and go through the online setup again. Doing this should allow the Slingbox to update to the latest firmware version.

I've tried resetting the Slingbox to factory settings. I can't go through the setup on the Windows 7 machine. But it works fine on the Vista box.

Also, does this happen when connecting from a remote location? Or does it happen at the Slingbox location?

This issue is occuring on local machines.