10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2013 5:55 PM by craig.sling RSS

Windows 8 newwatch.slingbox.com crashes Firefox and IE

ve7alb

I recently purchased a SlingBox 350 and for about two weeks everything worked great when I watched it in my Firefox browser on Windows 8.  Lately, whenever I launch the SlingBox webpage in Firefox I get a message saying the SlingPlayer plugin has crashed, no matter how many times I restart my compuuter the plugin stubbernly refuses to work.  I have also tried watching my SlingBox in Internet Explorer to the same result (a message pops up saying IE has crashed and the browser relaunches).  I have tried re-installing the SlingPlayer addon in Firefox without success.  I have collected the following data from the Windows event log in regards to the crashes:

Firefox:

Faulting application name: plugin-container.exe, version: 20.0.1.4847, time stamp: 0x51650a74
      Faulting module name: npSlingPlayer.dll, version: 1.5.13.743, time stamp: 0x50dbd8f2
      Exception code: 0xc0000409
      Fault offset: 0x001557d7
      Faulting process id: 0xf88
      Faulting application start time: 0x01ce3975774656f6
      Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
      Faulting module path: C:\Users\christopher.VE7ALB\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\qgy30z6t.default\extensions\{9EB34849-81D3-4841-939D-666D522B889A}\plugins\npSlingPlayer.dll
      Report Id: c36108b1-a568-11e2-bf1e-0002760d5af5
      Faulting package full name:
      Faulting package-relative application ID:

Internet Explorer:

Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 10.0.9200.16537, time stamp: 0x512347f7
      Faulting module name: SlingPlayerAX.dll, version: 1.5.13.743, time stamp: 0x50dbd8f7
      Exception code: 0xc0000409
      Fault offset: 0x00179897
      Faulting process id: 0x1840
      Faulting application start time: 0x01ce3975c9f58e2a
      Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
      Faulting module path: C:\PROGRA~2\SLINGM~1\WEBSLI~1\SlingPlayerAX.dll
      Report Id: 094d661a-a569-11e2-bf1e-0002760d5af5
      Faulting package full name:
      Faulting package-relative application ID:

Specific details about my platform are that I am running Windows 8 64-bit in Desktop Mode and FIrefox is version 20.0.1

I would greatly appreciate any assistance in solving these issues.

• Re: Windows 8 newwatch.slingbox.com crashes Firefox and IE
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello ve7alb,

Thank you for using our answers forum! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the Web SlingPlayer plug-in. Are you using a 64-bit or 32-bit web browser? I understand the issue is happening in Mozilla Firefox. Have you tried Google Chrome? This is one of the fastest web browsers. Below is an article that may assist you.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

ve7alb

Well, after uninstalling and re-installing IE, performing a system restore and updating to the latest SlingPlayer version I was still unable to get the plugin to function correctly in either Firefox or IE so I took the drastic step of re-installing Windows to a second drive in my PC.  Everything seems to be working alright now but I'm still not sure what casued the issue in the first place.

craig.sling Novice

Hello ve7alb,

Thank you for the detailed response. So after a full restore of Windows 7 it is not working? I would really like to know what was causing this error. What programs do you have on the Windows 7 it was not working on that may cause this problem. If you could post the programs that you had running when trying to view the Slingbox it may help us get to the bottom of your problem.

Thank You For Your Help

Sling Moderation Team.

ve7alb

I am actually running Winows 8, not Windows 7.  The first thing I tried was a system restore, to a date when I knew the SlingPlayer was working and that had no effect.  After the system restore I gave up and re-installed Windows (clean install) to a separate drive and the SlingPlayer is working in a fresh installation of Windows.  I have installed all the same programs that I had on my previous install and SlingPlayer is still functioning fine.  Hopefully it was just a one-time anomaly and things will work OK from here on out.

craig.sling Novice

Hello ve7alb,

Thank you for the fast response. Sorry about the mix up on OS. So after the clean install on a second drive and reinstalling your programs the unit is up and running again? Is there anything on this clean install of Windows 8 did you have to do anything to get that unit up and running or did it just start running with no problems? Just trying to get to the root of what was wrong with that Windows 8 install.

Thank You,

Sling Moderation Team