1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 14, 2013 3:55 PM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Adding my slingbox to my account

ACC4778288

I purchased the Kindle Fire App for slingbox and have followed the instructions explicitely.  When it tells me to go to my computer and add my slingbox, I log into my account, click on Watch and it gives me the installation for Internet Explorer.  I accept the terms and start the installation and the Error Message comes up that I need to close Internet Explorer first.  I click ok on the error message and it is locked up.  I tried saving the file to my desktop and closing Internet Explorer completely before running the file.  I still get the same message and the Error message locks up each different time I try.  Paid for this Kindle Fire App for nothing!

• Re: Adding my slingbox to my account
          Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello ACC4778288,

Thank you for using our answers forum! I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with adding your Slingbox to your account. We've noticed Internet Explorer does have some issues with our SlingPlayer Plug-in. If it is not allowing you to install the Plug-in, you are not out of luck. You could install another web browser to your PC if you have not already done so. I would recommend using Google Chrome. Once you have Google Chrome installed, go to setup.slingbox.com. It will prompt you to add the SlingPlayer Plug-in to Google Chrome. Which is much quicker than installing the Plug-in to Internet Explorer. It only takes about 1-2 minutes, at the most.  After the Plug-in is added to chrome, it will take you right through the setup assistant that will add the Slingbox to your account. If you would not like to try Google Chrome, you could also try Mozilla Firefox. If you do not already have the Slingbox SOLO Quick Start Guide, here is a link that will take you to the download for it.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team