6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2013 4:57 PM by Tyler.Sling RSS

Considering buying the 350,

olsonal95

considering buying the 350 <had the original Sling many years ago).  Unsure how it connects to a Comcast settop box and the limitations.

• Re: Considering buying the 350,
          Maxcats Novice

Unsure which Comcast you own, but if it's like this one just plug the Red, Blue and Green plugs going out from Comcast INTO your Slingbox 350.

Also aconnect the Red and White Audio outputs from Comcast OUT to Red and White IN on the Slingbox.

Done.

Some devices (like Tivo) have HDMI  and Component (Red, Blue and Green) outputs going at the same time - meaning you don't need to put your Red, Green and Blue cables back into your TV to watch it.

Just use HDMI into your TV.

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello olsonal95,

Thank you for using our answers forum! That's a great question! You can connect the Slingbox 350 to your Comcast set top box in two different ways. The first way to do it is using Component (green, blue, and red) cables and red and white audio cables. These will connect from the Component OUT and Audio OUT on your set top box, to the IN (bottom row) on the Slingbox 350. This will give you audio and video in HD. The other way is using the red and white audio cable OUT of your set top box to the IN (bottom row) on the Slingbox 350, and adding the yellow video cable from the video out on the set top box, to the video IN (bottom row) on the Slingbox. This will give you a standard definition video signal. Below is a link for a download to the Slingbox 350 Quick Start Guide. This also explains how to connect your A/V source to your Slingbox 350.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

The Sling Moderation Team

sapdr

The assumption is that you will be connecting to the main cable box and not one of Comcast's digital adaptors.  The digital adaptors only have a coax in/coax out connection.  The 350 will not connect to a coax cable.  I found out the hardway, my Slingbox Pro was taken out in a recent lightning strike and bought the 350.   Your option would be to order a second large Comcast box (with additional monthly fee).  Comcast does not offer the smaller adaptor with connections the 350 will acept.

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello sapdr,

Thank you for replying to this post! I apologize you experienced that inconvenience. However, have you looked into any other models? We do have a Slingbox PRO-HD that does have a built-in coaxial tuner. Below is a link to an article that will tell you the features of our newest models.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

sapdr

The Slingbox Pro-HD isn't available at any retailer in the Chicago area, nor online at any major retailer (Best Buy, Walmart).  I did find 1 retailer on Amazon who had 8 left in stock, Does Sling plan on offering a current model with Coax connection available at major outlets?  I travel a lot and enjoy watching the TV in my home office form the road, without having to hook to the main box and force my family to watch what I'm watching.

Tyler.Sling Novice

Hello sapdr,

Thank you for responding. You are correct. Since the Slingbox 350 and Slingbox 500 were released, the Slingbox PRO-HD is not as available. However, we do have the Slingbox PRO-HD on Slingbox.com. Below is a link that will take you there. Also, there is no release date for a newer product that has a built-in tuner. As of right now, the only model that has the tuner is the Slingbox PRO-HD. We do know know if there will be another model with a tuner.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,