2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2013 12:05 PM by n4cho RSS

Slingbox 500 and Microsoft Xbox 360 Remote Questions

n4cho

Cheers!

I have tried selecting the Universal Media Center Remote which has the correct skin for the remote which I use (Microsoft Model 1039) and I can not get the controller to work.

The physical remote works fine on my 360.  I have uploaded the custom bin file from Alan Richey from this thread;

http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/forum/sling-player-remotes/xbox-360-remote/

The controller works fine but it does not have the facy skin.  As I have the 500 I can not modify the skin to my knowledge.

Does anyone know how I can mod the skin file or get the remote to work?

The kicker is my friend has the same setup (I recomended it) and his system is able to work using the Media Center Remote with the proper skin.  Does anyone know what the deal is with that remote code?

Thank you!!

-Jack

• Re: Slingbox 500 and Microsoft Xbox 360 Remote Questions
          alanrichey42 Master
          The controller works fine but it does not have the facy skin.  As I have the 500 I can not modify the skin to my knowledge.

Does anyone know how I can mod the skin file or get the remote to work?

Up until a few days ago I could have helped, as Sling had introduced a way to change the skin for a Slingbox 500.  But recently something has gone wrong with the 500s and that functionality is not working.  It has reported to Sling as a bug, we just have to hope they will fix it.

The kicker is my friend has the same setup (I recomended it) and his system is able to work using the Media Center Remote with the proper skin.  Does anyone know what the deal is with that remote code?

No    As far as I know my Custom Remote sends the same codes  (I built it before Sling added it to the supported list).